Splurge! The Balm INSTAIN Review and Swatches Argyle

The Balm Instain is my new favorite powder blush! 

Yesterday, I posted about the new prestige lines popping up at Kohls, and while I was there, I couldn't help but pick up this blush from The Balm. It's a "staining powder blush" which sounded so unique and intriguing, I was willing to part with $22. 
There are six shades in all, three "Fall" colors that are darker and three "Spring" colors that are light. I went with Argyle, which is described as Petal Pink and is a Spring color.

It comes in an adorable little book compact with a mirror inside.



This shade is absolutely beautiful...it reminds me of a more pink, less peach Nars Orgasm. Here it is swatched on my arm...I applied it heavy so you can really see the color. 

My biggest piece of advice with this blush is to apply it with a very light hand. Ig is super pigmented and the tiniest bit goes a long way. That being said, this really does stain your cheeks and has crazy staying power for a powder blush. This stayed all day on my dry skin. In fact, this evening I looked in the mirror and thought I looked flushed and hoped I wasn't getting sick. Then I remembered, no it's the Instain!  I'm so used to my makeup being nonexistent by the time night rolls around that I wasn't used to seeing anything there. 
You can purchase Instain at Kohls.

1 comment

  1. Unfortunately, theBalm doesn't do their daily giveaways on their FB page anymore. :(
    However, splurging on their wondrous products is just as exciting. You should check out their Mani-loumanizer, which was the first product I've ever gotten from them. And apparently, it's a cult fave?

    On their website they do have flash sales (which are pretty occasional) like 50% off eyeshadow palettes, or 20% off an order. It's great. They're a great brand.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig