Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Review

Remember the Crypt Keeper- the host of "Tales from the Crypt"?  Well my hands look kinda like his most of the time.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit, but they have been compared to an 80 year old woman's before. So far, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Part of the problem, aside from heredity, is that I wash my hands a lot- but it's flu season, plus I'm handling an infant all day, so I'm not gonna stop.  Hand creams work temporarily, but by the next washing these hands are right back to splitsville.

While in line at Sephora recently, I saw a tube of Yu-Be cream in those impulse bins by the register.  I used the tester and rubbed some into my hands, thinking it couldn't hurt, and OMG I bought some right then. It was not a large tube and cost $16 but did I care?  Nope.  A miracle had just been performed on my hands.
Okay, there I go exaggerating again.  But when you have hands so dry that they often hurt, anything that makes them feel better seems pretty miraculous.  Pretty soon, my little tube was getting used up fast, so I put the larger sized jar ($25) on my Christmas list and retired the tube to my purse.



Yu-Be is a skincare brand that was created in 1957 by a Japanese Pharmacist and is the #1 selling skincare cream in Japan.  Here's some info on the box:


This cream has an incredibly high glycerin content, which draws moisture out of the air and into the skin.  You can use Yu-Be head to toe, even on your face and lips!  A few weeks ago I was outside a lot and it was windy and bitter cold.  Later that night my face felt chapped so even though I worried about putting something this rich on my face, I slathered it on instead of my regular moisturizer and woke up to soft, plump, glowing skin with no breakouts.  I use this once a week now as an overnight treatment on my face.  
It's a thick cream that's light yellow in color.  A little bit goes a long way and once absorbed, it's not greasy at all!


Now for the scary part...a picture of my super-dry hand. I went several washings without applying hand cream to get this before shot.  I wanted to show you what an amazing difference Yu-Be makes  but to do it, I had to get my hands nice and dry. Don't say I didn't warn you-yuck.
Actually, they've been much worse than that, but anyway, the next picture is 5 min later after applying Yu-Be.  

Yu-Be makes an amazing difference in my skin, and it's such a versatile product!  My only complaint is the smell- it's very medicinal due to the camphor, but like the package says, the scent completely disappears within a few minutes.  The first time I used it, I thought, "gross, this smell isn't going to go away" but it absolutely does.  So even though it isn't the best scent while applying, it's totally gone shortly after, so it's ok.  

This is going on my Splurgeworthy list!  If you have dry skin, you will love this.









1 comment

  1. I have this stuff. I agree - it's amazing and worth the cost!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig