New Maybelline Color Tattoo Dare to Go Nude Swatches

I'm kind of obsessed with Maybelline's Color Tattoo shadows and have 16 of them currently. I usually buy the wearable shades and pass on the crazy colors like bright orange and turquoise. So you can imagine how happy I was to see a nude collection pop up for Spring 2014!

I posted pics of all the new shades on my Facebook page, but here I'll be reviewing 3 of them...Beige-ing Beauty, Nude Compliment, and Sleek and Spice.


Here they are swatched:

Beige-ing Beauty- A shimmery golden beige.

Nude Compliment- A shimmery mushroom brown taupe.

Sleek and Spice- A shimmery warm bronze.

I wanted to do some comparison photos to other colors in the line so you can see how they compare.

Here's Beige-ing Beauty with Just Beige and Barely Beige, in that order swatched. You can see that its very similar to Barely Beige. Just Beige is a matte shade with a bit more yellow in it.


Here's Nude Compliment with Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze. Tough as Taupe has more gray in it and is a matte shade. Nude Compliment is shimmery like Bad to the Bronze, but is more gray. So it's kind of in between the other two.


Here's Sleek and Spice with Bad to the Bronze and Matte Brown. It's very close to Bad to the Bronze, but is warmer with more brown in it, while Bad to the Bronze has more gold. Matte Brown is a matte shade and darker brown.


Of the three, Nude Compliment is my favorite. Since I'm so pale, beige shades don't show up well on me. But Beige-ing Beauty would be so pretty on darker skin tones! Sleek and Spice is nice, but close to Bad to the Bronze.
I want to go back and get the lightest shade, Pure Nude...I think it would be a beautiful highlight color! 
Have you tried the new shades yet? Which one is your favorite?






3 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the comparison!! It was extremely helpful in picking out the shades I wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I'm going back to CVS today.. I picked up a color tattoo product from harmons the other day and it was a powder shadow, similar to a bare escentials! Not a delightful cream like these. Idk if it's another formula, but I had to search your archives to make sure I wasn't losing it! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I did the same thing! They look similar to Color Tattoo as far as packaging but they're loose powder. They're nice eyeshadows but not if you're expecting it to be a cream! Haha.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig