Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm Review

I recently tried my first product from the Boots Botanics line, the Facial Oil, and I loved it so much that I decided to try another in the line, the Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm.

Cleansing Balms are all the rage at the moment, and those with a cult following are damn expensive (hello Eve Lom, $80, or Ren, $48!). A few weeks back, I found a cheaper alternative in the Body Shop's Chamomile Cleansing Butter, $15, but this one from Boots has them all beat in price at $8.99! Lets take a look...

This balm comes in a white tub and its own muslin cloth.  The balm smells like rosehips and is fairly hard until you dig your fingers into it.  Then it just melts on the skin.
The list of organic ingredients is impressive! The box says it's 97% organic so you can really feel good about what you're putting on your skin.



This balm feels really rich when you first apply it to your face.  It melts into the skin as it turns into oil and feels very soft.  The next step is to rinse the muslin cloth in warm water and remove the balm in circular motions. If you just splash water on your face, the cleanser will remain on the skin since oil and water don't mix.  You'll end up feeling like an oil slick!
That being said, I don't think oily skin types will like this, as it is very rich and moisturizing.  Dry skins (like mine!) will love it because your face doesn't feel tight after washing, just super soft and silky smooth. 
I'm so glad I found this, since $8.99 is a steal for a cleansing balm with such luxurious ingredients. Even Ren's version has shea butter further down on the list of ingredients. 

I won't compare this to the Eve Lom balm, since Eve Lom's #1 ingredient is mineral oil.  Seems backwards that a mineral oil balm is $80 while an organic balm made of shea butter, olive fruit oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil is $8.99.  Go figure!

I will post this on my dupes board as a Ren dupe though! Have you tried this?  What do you think?




1 comment

  1. This looks awesome. I've bought so many products you recommend my wallet is taking quite a hit, lol. But I tried the Boots Facial Oil you reviewed and I'm loving it so I'll be going back to target for this now. I like that you blog about products that I didn't know about. You don't see this stuff advertised but its so great!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig