Benefit POREfessional Dupe- NYX Pore Filler

One of my readers, Aly wrote and asked me if I could find a dupe for Benefit's POREfessional, and well, I guess great minds think alike, because I was planning just such a post for this week!

NYX is a brand that I absolutely love for their high-end quality at low price points.  They're also a cruelty-free brand which is a huge plus.  I came across their Pore Filler while on a trip to Ulta.  I don't have an Ulta near me in CT, which is crazy, but when I go to Long Island to visit the in-laws, I make sure to stop there once in a while and stock up on the brands that I can't get where I live (NYX being one of them!). 

Here's what Pore Filler looks like:



It comes in a .67oz squeeze tube and costs $13.99 at Ulta.  Benefit's POREfessional is $30 for a .75oz tube- quite a big difference!  So how do they compare?  Let's find out...


I'm using a sample I got of the POREfessional in my January Ipsy Glam Bag.  Both feel almost the same in texture and look very much alike.  Benefit's version is the slightest bit creamier, while NYX's version is a tiny bit drier but both make the skin feel velvety smooth.  When swatched, they look identical, other than the color.  Both are tinted, but not meant to add any color to the face- they disappear when blended.  Both hid my pores really well and gave a soft-focus, airbrushed finish to my skin.


The ingredients are also surprisingly similar!  Here, I've color-coded the ingredients so you can compare them. The first few are the main ingredients, and after that are just preservatives and colorants, so I didn't bother cross-referencing those.

NYX Pore Filler - Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ).

Benefit The POREfessionalCYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SILICA, ISODODECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), LIMONENE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT. N° 04932

So as you can see, these products have the same active ingredients, just in a slightly different order.  At $13.99, NYX Pore Filler is the perfect POREfessional dupe!  I'll add this to my Dupes Board on Pinterest.

Have you tried Pore Filler yet?  Found another POREfessional dupe you'd like to tell me about? 




5 comments

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Pore Filler and really really like it- definitely a great product. I use it in few select spots and cover the rest of my face w/ CC Alamay Primer (also a suggestion from your board - thank you!!!) the result is a smooth base for foundation, which i use sparingly (I don't even need to cover whole face). Would definitely recommend the Pore filler

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I'm so glad it works for you. It's always a good thing when you can find a combo that works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm. Actually the Pore Filler seems to have BETTER ingredients than the Benefits version. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Actually, the NYX product seems to have even better ingredients than the Benefits one. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig