Wet N' Wild Take On the Day Eyeshadow Primer Review

I hate spending so much time on eye makeup, only to have it fade a short time later.  I currently own Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and I really like it, but it's expensive ($20 for the original but I'm using the Anti-Aging one, which is $24)!  So I went out in search of something a bit more reasonable that would do the job just as well.

I saw Wet N Wild's Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer at Walgreens ($5), and it's part of their Fergie collection.  It's not a new product...I think it launched last year.  But I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet. 




It comes in a tube that you squeeze to dispense product.  It's very easy to control the amount you need, which isn't much at all!
Here's a swatch on my hand.  I have to admit that I was skeptical that this would work, as the texture was very slippery and not as thick as the Urban Decay version, which has a thicker more velvety feel.

Here it is next to Urban Decay Primer Potion (right):

So I did what any good reviewer should, and decided to do a direct comparison.  
So here we go, Wet N Wild Vs. Urban Decay!


I'm using Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion, and L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe.  This eyeshadow has pretty good staying power on it's own, so I wanted to see how long I could make it last with the primers.

I applied each primer to my arm and added the shadow by itself (top), then over Urban Decay Primer Potion (Middle) and then over Wet N Wild Take on the Day (bottom).  The Urban Decay one looks slightly darker...it's not looking good for the Wet N Wild primer!  


5 Hours Later, as I was going to bed, they looked like this.  I was pleasantly surprised that the Wet N Wild primer seemed to be holding up much better!


Finally, this is what they looked like when I woke up this morning: 


I am thoroughly impressed with Wet N Wild's Take on the Day Primer!  It's proven to not only be a dupe for Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but actually performs better at less than a quarter of the price!  I'll be pinning this to my dupes board on Pinterest (which currently has 400 followers, by the way- thank you! :) )

I recommend you all pick one up the next time you're in the market for an eyeshadow primer.  This stuff is incredible!


5 comments

  1. I'll definitely try this! I like that you put it on with your fingers. I've tried others with wand applicators and just end up having to smooth it out with my fingers anyway. Thanks for the great review and comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! That's one thing I liked about it also. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do they sell wet n wild in the states? Walgreens? I haven't seen the primer here in Toronto and a lot of the time we never get the products that come out there. We never got that Drew Berry More line Flower and we never got the line Fergie did with Wet n Wild....It's sad. I will be in L.A. in March but the last time I went into target and Walmart they didn't have any Wet n Wild.

    I have the Urban Decay primer and I LOVE it, my eye shadow lasts all day all the time even in humid climates. I have the anti-aging one because they didn't have the original when I went to buy it and I needed it! I don't like it as much as the original.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica, I got mine at Walgreen's but I've also seen Wet N Wild at Rite Aid. I haven't seen it at Walmart or Target either. Its strange what brands choose to release in one country but not another. Canada seems to get a lot of products before we do.

      Delete
    2. I've found Wet n Wild at Wal-Mart here in Florida, but it was actually on the end-cap and didn't have its own marked section on the makeup aisles. The Walgreen's here usually have a small section for it.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig