Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Highlighter Stick Review Sparkling Sand. Benefit Watts Up Dupe!

I recently got a deluxe sample of Benefit's Watts Up highlighting stick, and I've been loving it!  I never knew quite what to do with liquid highlighters so the stick makes it pretty much foolproof- a little swipe across the tops of my cheekbones, maybe a little on the brow bones, and voila!  Instant subtle glow.  

But as my sample runs out, I was getting a bit concerned with my newfound love of highlighter, and feared that I might have to shell out $30 for the full size.  So what's a girl on a budget to do?  Find a suitable dupe, of course!  

This morning I headed out to Target with my little man, Henry.  He has his first tooth coming in and won't nap unless I either hold him, or if he's in his carseat.  I have a nifty Peg Perego stroller base that his carseat snaps into, so these days I've been going out to the mall, the drugstore, anywhere- just so I can get him to sleep peacefully and give my arms a little break- this kid weighs 23 lbs! 

Wandering the beauty aisles, I came across Sonia Kashuk's Chic Luminosity Highlighting Sticks.  They come in two shades, Sparkling Sand (champagne) and Persian Sunset (pink), and cost $10.99. 


I chose Sparkling Sand, because it seemed to be closest to Watts Up. It comes in a swivel-up stick for ease of use...just the way I like it!




Here it is swatched on my hand- it's such a pretty shade and the formula is creamy and long lasting! I didn't blend it out so you can see the color better.


Now, how does it compare to Watts Up?  Lets find out...

Again, my Watts Up is a sample size- the original is much bigger!  In the tube, the shades are similar with Benefit's being just a tiny bit darker. 


And here they are swatched side by side.  The Benefit is more pink-gold, while Sonia Kashuk's is pure gold. Both are creamy and easy to use.




I'll pin this to my dupes board even though they're not a perfect match. On my skin, you get a very similar effect so it's still a dupe in that regard.

And my little man woke up happy, so it was a good day all around. :)


2 comments

  1. Great dupe, I have the benefit highlight and I don't really use it all that much to be honest. OMG that baby and the cheeks! adorable!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Watts Up! and I'm so happy to find a dupe, and this blog! And I agree with Erica, he's precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig