Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick Review Pink Fever & Just Pinched Pink Swatches

I have a thing for cream blushes because I have such dry skin, that powder disappears after an hour, tops.  There are very few options at the drugstore, and the last ones that come to mind (Maybelline Bouncy Blush/Revlon Cream Blush) had no staying power on me.  I sprang for Josie Maran's Coconut Water Blush a while back, because I couldn't find acceptable drugstore options.
Enter Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick ($8.99). First of all, this is a genius way to package a cream blush- so easy to use and not messy at all- so much better than a pot.  There are 6 shades in all, and here they are along with Maybelline's description of the product:

Now Cheeks Glisten with the Sheerest Color Glaze

Cheeks go dewy and gently glazed with this portable, creamy blush stick.

  • Glazed pearls + a shea butter glide provide blendable, natural color and smooth, even application.
  • Fragrance Free. Non-comedogenic. Suitable for all skin types.

For Best Results

Left to Right: Just Pinched Pink, Pink Fever, Coral Sheen, Warm Nude, Make a Mauve, and Plums Up.

I chose Pink Fever, a hot pink shade:


And Just Pinched Pink, a pretty, girly shade. 



This chubby stick is so easy to use, just swipe and blend.  The formula is so smooth and blends easily, which made me worry that it wouldn't have staying power, but that's not the case at all.  It stays on top of the skin a while before drying so you have a lot of time to blend and get it to look how you want.  It's sheerer than it looks in the tube, but went on surprisingly opaque at first until I blended it, so a little bit goes a long way! 

Here it is when first swiped- Pink Fever on the left, Just Pinched Pink on the right: 



\
And after blending they settle into a really pretty pink flush that lasts all day long- at least 8 hours on my dry skin! The Just Pinched is great for daytime and a subtle flush, while the Pink Fever has a little more pop to it, but is still totally wearable!



I'll definitely be reaching for these over and over again this year, and I want to go get some other shades now!  I love that there's an affordable cream blush that performs well.
Which color looks good to you?  Have you tried these yet?

3 comments

  1. I read someplace that this could be a dupe for Nars Multiple Orgasm, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is definitely too pink to dupe for Orgasm, which has a little more peach in it. But I do wonder if this stick could be a multiple-like product? It doesn't say you can use it anywhere but cheeks, so I'm not sure. Eyes, maybe but if a product doesn't say you can put it on your lips, I don't because it might not be good to ingest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Glad a decent creme blush has come to drugstores. Will def be trying this.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig