New Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Color Balm Review and Swatch Caramel Infused


I'm definitely a balm/gloss type of girl, so whenever a new one hits the market, I usually end up trying it. Especially if it's a hybrid gloss/balm. I really liked the ones Almay came out with in the Spring, so I was happy to see Maybelline jump on the bandwagon.  Color Elixir Liquid Color Balm comes in 20 shades and retails for about $6.75, depending on where you purchase it.
I chose the shade Caramel Infused, which I hoped was a your-lips-but-better shade...and it is!

The applicator is a soft flocked triangular shape that really deposits color well...much better than the usual sponge.

The color payoff on these is better than I expected and is better than the Almay version. It has a vanilla cookie scent that's not too heavy, but it's there. The balm feels very cushiony and hydrating, not sticky or tacky. The wear is like that of most glosses...not great. But the color sticks around a while after the glossiness fades. 
Here's a swatch of Caramel Infused...it's a pretty pinky nude.

So have you seen these in stores yet? Will you be purchasing?

1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig