ELF 3-in-1 Mascara Review- Possible It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Dupe


While in Target yesterday, I couldn't help but check out the ELF section to see if there was anything new. Well,  I didn't see anything new, but I picked up the 3-in-1 mascara to try out.
When I got it home, I realized that it has a wand with a ball tip, like It Cosmetics Hello Lashes, which is $29. Since the ELF version is $3, I thought I should see if it's a dupe! First, some packaging/brush shots.


For reference, here's It Cosmetics Hello Lashes:


The verdict?
If you like Hello Lashes, you'll like ELF 3-in-1. It performs about the same and doesn't smudge. BUT...
I'm not a fan of the wand. I get that the ball is meant to be used vertically to push up and separate the lashes, while the rest of the wand is used horizontally. But using it that way, the ball, which is the widest part, kept depositing mascara on my lids, even when I was super careful. It just made a huge mess! It was also a very wet formula, which didn't help. 
Here are my before/afters:


I've pinned this to my Dupes board on Pinterest. Please check it out for lots more dupes!






2 comments

  1. I like the idea of the ball to reach the inner hard to get lashes but I didn't like this mascara either, it just didn't do enough.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I want to like ELF mascaras due to the great price I just can not find one I really like. And I've tried a few, including this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig