Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Mask Scrub Review

I haven't used a face mask since high school.  My favorite one used to be the Freeman Cucumber peel-off mask. When you put in on and it dried, your face looked like it was made of plastic.  It was fun to peel off, except I would inevitably always miss spots and end up still peeling the next morning.
Well, that was 15 years ago, and I guess I stopped seeing the benefit in masks.  Sure, your skin looks nice the day you use it, but I wanted products that would make my skin look good long-term.
The other day, I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond, and I saw the Freeman Cucumber mask I used to use, along with a bunch of new ones.  They were only $4.50 for a large tube, and several of them caught my eye, particularly the Charcoal and Black Sugar one, since it is a scrub and a mask in one!  
I had just recently learned about black sugar, and how it can purify the skin because it contains lots of vitamins and minerals.  I'm also familiar with activated charcoal, or carbon, since it's the main ingredient in Colic Calm, which is a homeopathic remedy to help babies get rid of their gas pains.  My son loves it, and the charcoal attaches itself to the gas and toxins and whisks it right out of the body without being absorbed.  I thought it was a great idea to put it in a skincare product, because it will get rid of the toxins that land on your skin from the environment.
Anyway, this is one of the best scrubs I have ever, ever used!  A quick search on it brought me to Makeup Alley, where it scored a 4.5 and everyone raved about it, so I'm not alone in loving this.  I just wish it wasn't so hard to find!
Here are some packaging shots:





This scrub has a very grainy texture, but it's gentle since it's sugar and not salt.  The instructions say to spread it on and leave it as a mask for 5-7 minutes.  It doesn't spread easily, since it crumbles, so I found it easier to pat it on.  It also has a really nice refreshing cucumber scent.

I applied it before my shower and at the end, I added a little water and massaged it into my skin, as per the instructions.  
It rinsed away clean, and didn't feel heavy or oily.  I was amazed at how bright and refreshed my skin looked and how smooth it felt!  My makeup just glided on afterwards, and having dry skin, that's not an easy thing to accomplish. 

Now I'm thinking I have to try some of Freeman's other masks!  I love how cheap they are, and the tube will last such a long time.  Have you tried any of Freeman's masks?  Which are your favorites?



2 comments

  1. I have been using this since June and it is the best scrub I have found, period, not just for the price. I was looking for something cheap since I stopped using St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I read that you shoukdn't use crushed seeds on your face because they have jagged edges and cause microscopic tears in the skin. It's not easy to find a sugar scrub for the face and I'm so glad I found this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I remember using the Cucumber mask in Jr. High too! It looks like they've really expanded the line from their website. I'm going to order this and give it a try. You've sold me, LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig