Flower by Drew Barrymore BB Cream Review and Swatches

One of the things I was sure to pick up last week on my Flower haul was the BB Cream. So far, all of the drugstore versions I've tried are basically tinted moisturizers, offering little coverage (with the exception of Physicians Formula Super BB).  
So how did the Flower version stack up?  Well, lets have a look shall we?




There are four shades, and I chose the lightest one, since other BB's I've tried have come out too dark on me.  This was a bit too yellow for my pink undertones, but after I blended it well, it wasn't too noticeable.  
The coverage is excellent, and much closer to what the Korean BB Formulas are like.  I would say this gives medium coverage and has a thick, creamy texture. 

What I disliked about this product, was the dryness of it- it has a matte finish that seems to accentuate the dryness of my skin, clinging to flakes and sinking into lines.  Not everyone will have this problem, of course- if you have an oily to normal skin type, you might truly love this, especially if you'd like more coverage out of your BB.  In the photo below, you can see how my hand looks after I blended it in.  If you look closely, you can see how it clings to dry patches, especially on the right side of my hand.


Unfortunately, this wasn't for me, but it's a step in the right direction for BB Creams. I have to admit, I was amazed at how perfect my skin looked if I stood back from the mirror a bit, as it covered every bit of redness and created a perfect blank canvas for applying color.  But close up, it just looked too dry and flaky.  
Flower's BB Cream costs $12.98 at Walmart.

Has anyone else tried this, especially those with skin types that are different than mine?  What are your thoughts? 





3 comments

  1. I tried this when it first showed up in my Walmart and I thought it had great coverage but the lightest color made me look like a ghost. It took away all the color from my face and I ended up using bronzer and extra blush to make me look more alive again. I read the reviews on Walmarts website and they're mixed- it gets 3 of 5 stars right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this yet but looks like its kind of chalky. I'm not a big fan of thick cream foundations anyway, I like lightweight formulas. I'll probably pass on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have oily skin and I do like this BB Cream. I need full coverage because I get redness around my nose and dark circles under my eyes. This covers pretty much everything and gives a matte finish which i love. I can see how it would be too dry for dry skinned people but i think it's great for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig