E.L.F. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick Review and Swatches

The other day, I posted part 1 of my ELF haul, reviewing their new Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks, which I'm loving right now!  So for part 2, I wanted to review their Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks. At $2 a piece, they're a total steal, but did I like them as much as the Lip Gloss Sticks?  Read on....


I purchased five shades: From left to right, they are- 
Rock Out- A dark grayish green.
Turkish Coffee- A bronzy brown.
Feeling Lucky- Dark plum shimmer.
Little Miss Thing- Golden Shimmer.
French Lace- Nude with a hint of pale pink shimmer.

Here's some packaging shots: 


These are chubby sticks that twist up and down from the bottom- no need to sharpen.  I find that using them on their sides rather than pressing the tip down directly helps to keep them in a point.


Left to Right: French Lace, Little Miss Thing, Rock Out, Turkish Coffee and Feeling Lucky

The Good News: 

These are creamy, and very pigmented.  They glide right on without much tugging, although I prefer to apply eye crayons to my finger first, and then press them onto my eyelid.  It helps to get a more even color.  


Left to Right: French Lace, Little Miss Thing, Rock Out, Turkish Coffee, Feeling Lucky.


The Bad News: 
These CREASE.  The first time I wore them, creasing started within about 2 hours or so.  The next day I used a primer which helped them last a little bit longer, but they still creased. And I have dry skin, so those of you who have oily eyelids will likely see these slide right off, unfortunately.  

The Bottom Line: 

I'm disappointed in these, since I loved the ELF gloss sticks so much.  Their smooth creamy formula, while easy to apply, isn't dry enough to keep them in place for long.  The only way I'll use these now is as a base under eyeshadow- the powder on top should keep them from creasing, and the color from the sticks will add depth.  But other than that, I wouldn't recommend these. 







1 comment

  1. I've used these too, and you're right- they slide around, crease and smudge. I usually like elf but in this case, its worth spending more $ to get a good product.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig