ELFJumbo Lip Gloss Stick Review and Swatches

ELF (Eyes Lips Face) is one of my favorite budget beauty brands, and every time I go on their website, I get a little carried away.  Everything is just so cheap! And by cheap I mean inexpensive, not quality-wise.  In fact, this brand has almost always left me feeling quite impressed and feeling almost like I'm ripping them off.

So I purchased quite a large ELF haul a few weeks ago, and all this product was just sitting there in the box, waiting for me to get some pictures for the blog.  I was so crazy-busy with my 9-5 job during the day and so tired at night from being pregnant that I haven't gotten to it until now.  Not being able to try this stuff out until I could take pictures, well, that took a lot of patience, let me tell ya!


 

These chubby lip gloss crayons are similar in style to those made by Revlon and Clinique, however these cost.......$2 a piece.  That's right- two bucks! So for the price of one at the drugstore, I was able to get 4 shades to try:

In the Nude- a Nude, peachy shade
Summer Nights- Shimmery, rosy pink-nude
Tiki Torches- a pink-coral
Pink Umbrellas- a sheer pink shade

Here's some packaging shots:


The formula is extremely moisturizing due to the Jojoba and Soybean oils and Vitamin E- it feels really nice on the lips and keeps them soft and smooth.  These are sheerer and less pigmented than the Revlon and Clinique versions, but I actually like that about them.  Sometimes you just want a sheer wash or hint of color for a more natural look, and these deliver exactly that.  
The wear time isn't too long, about average for a lip gloss, maybe 2 hours or so.  But the twist up chubby stick is super convenient to take with you for touch ups.  
These have a hint of minty scent to them, but it's not overpowering.  I'm not a fan of lip products that smell like mint, but these are so light, it doesn't bother me.  

From Left to Right: Tiki Torches, Pink Umbrellas, In the Nude, and Summer Nights

These look much darker in the tube than they look on the lips.  
Here are the swatches on my arm: 

Left to Right: In the Nude, Summer Nights, Tiki Torches, Pink Umbrellas.  

I love all of the shades except In the Nude- I found it to be too nude for my lips, which have a bit of pink pigment in them.  It made them look unnaturally light and frosty.  The other three were beautiful, natural looking shades, adding just a hint of rose, coral, or pink depending on the color, and lots of shine.  There is some shimmer in these, but it doesn't feel gritty when I rub my lips together. 

I'm so glad I found these, and unless I'm looking for something more pigmented, I think I'll stick with these over other similar lip crayons, since the price is just too good to pass up!

Has anyone tried these?  If not, are you thinking about it?











1 comment

  1. Grrr! So many beautiful stuff but not available here in Malaysia and even if I order online, the currency exchange and shipping will kill me! Hate this! They even discontinued CoverGirl here. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig