Suave Professionals Keratin Smoothing Line and Moroccan Infusion Line Reviews


I've been meaning to post about Suave Professional's Keratin Smoothing line for quite a while now, and since they recently launched their newest product, Moroccan Infusion, I thought maybe I'd do a post comparing the two.

I'll start by saying that I love both of these lines, and if like me, you've had negative experiences with Suave from years ago, I can tell you now...try these products and you'll never go back!

Back in the day, I used to use this Suave Coconut shampoo and conditioner because I love coconut scents, but it was thin, watery and dried my hair out.  Once I started coloring and bleaching my hair in my late teens, I really needed to step up my game and started using salon products. In fact, I was always looking for that miracle product that would make my hair shampoo-commercial worthy.

 Honestly, this new Suave Professionals line rivals any salon product I've ever used.  I can't think of one shampoo or conditioner that performs better for me.  And these are around $3 a piece- cheap even by drugstore standards!

Keratin Infusion

First, let me start with the Keratin Infusion Line. I bought the smoothing one, but there is also one for color-treated hair.  At the time, I couldn't decide between the two, because I have color-treated hair, but also want smoothing benefits.  Since the shampoo is gentle and low-sulfate, I figured it wouldn't strip my color, so I went with the smoothing line.
The line has a shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, smoothing serum, and dry shampoo.  I have all of them, and they are all fabulous.

When I first purchased this, I had bleached blonde, dry, crunchy hair.  The Keratin Infusion shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel softer than anything I have ever tried in my life.  My husband actually complimented it on being soft, and he has never said that in the 8 years we've been together!  Since my hair is fine, I never used the leave-in conditioner on top of the rinse-out one.  I use either one or the other. Once I used both, and my hair was way too weighted down and got greasy fast.  Using the smoothing serum on wet hair before blow-drying seals the cuticle and adds shine, and even more softness!
The only downside to the Keratin Infusion line that I found was that after a couple of days, my fine hair started to get a little weighted down.  I usually had to use a clarifying shampoo just to bring some bounce back, and then went right back to using it.  I told my sisters and friends about it,(most of them have thicker hair than me) and everyone just raved about how amazingly soft this line made their hair.  Plus, the Keratin Infusion dry shampoo that's part of this line is probably the cheapest dry shampoo on the market, and also one of the best!

Moroccan Infusion

A few months ago, when I got pregnant, I decided that I didn't want to be bleaching my hair all the time and went back to brunette for a while.  My hair is in much better shape now, and isn't the crunchy, strawlike texture it used to be.
When I saw the Moroccan Infusion line in CVS, I didn't hesitate to try it, because of the great luck I had with the Keratin Infusion line.
So far, there is a shampoo, conditioner, conditioning mask, and smoothing serum.  The only one I haven't tried yet is the conditioning mask.
I've heard mixed reviews on the scent of this line, but I happen to love it.  If you like oriental/woody/spicy scents, you'll love it too.  But if you like flowery/fresh scents, you may not like this.
This line is more well suited to my hair now.  I don't have as much damage, and this is so lightweight, I haven't had any problems with it weighing my hair down or making it greasy at all.  My hair feels like silk in the shower after rinsing and once it's dry.  I use the smoothing serum on wet hair before blow-drying and a tiny dab on the ends when my hair is dry.  I will say that this doesn't make my hair quite as soft as the Keratin Infusion line though.

The Bottom Line:

I would say that both products can be used on most hair types, from fine to coarse, however, fine haired gals who don't have a lot of damage might want like the weightlessness of the Moroccan Infusion line since it won't build up over time.  But if you do have a lot of damage, no matter what your hair type, you'll see incredible results with the Keratin Infusion line.  I have yet to come across a shampoo and conditioner that have made my hair that soft...at any price!

What are your thoughts on either of these lines, or any of the products in them? Do you love them as much as I do?

2 comments

  1. I have been using Suave products for years. They come and go and I miss some of them dearly (that's you I am talking about Vibrant Blonde conditioner)but I just have no luck with the last few years generation of products. They changed all the formulas and they just don't work for me. I ALWAYS use Suave shampoo, though, no matter what conditioner I use.

    I wanted so badly to like the Keratin Infusion line but my hair just felt dirty - even right after I used it. My hair was dull and it just felt dirty. I find this with a lot of keratin products. Maybe I am just a silicone type of girl.

    I want to try the Moroccan Infusion line but argan oil makes my hair frizzy and fly away. But for the price I might just splurge some day when I get desperate for something new.

    I HAVE been having great results with Dove's Nourishing Oil conditioner. Although this contains some argan oil it really transforms my hair and it has actually repaired it. And it's cheap, too. I is my HG conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, the Suave Keratin line extremely improved the softness and texture in my mane, too!! The smell, too. The fragrance is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig