Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara Review.

The other night at Harmon Drugs, I saw a new display for Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara.  It promises "almost unbelievable volume, length and curl" and the ingredients are 100% natural origin.  It also has a rebate on the package that allows you to get the product for free if you're willing to mail in the rebate with your receipt (it cost about $10).


Here's some packaging shots that give lots of details:



I thought this sounded great, considering there are enough synthetic ingredients out there on the market.  Here's the full ingredient list:
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax*, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Tapioca Starch*, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Ceiba Pentandra Fiber Powder Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Nylon-10/10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Water, Glyceryl Caprylate, Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide * Ingredients from Organic Farming.

The tube is really funky and cool, but I found the handle a little hard to hold on to.  I've since gotten used to it, but it was awkward at first. 


The brush is huge, and is the plastic bristle-kind.  I found that it was hard to get it right into the base of my lashes because I was worried about getting mascara all over my eyelids.  So I'm not a huge fan of the brush- I wish it were smaller.


So here are my before and afters.  While this doesn't give the most spectacular results I've ever had, I will say that it did a good job of thickening and lengthening and it didn't smudge on me by the end of the night.  Plus, I give it lots of points for being all natural, so overall, this mascara is a good option.  

BEFORE:

AFTER:




Has anyone tried this yet?  I'd love to hear what you think!




2 comments

  1. I think it looks good, but I'm not sure if it would work as well for me. I have short sparse lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried it yet, but you have me intrigued! I love testing out organic products! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig