November's Birchbox- Twistband, Oscar Blandi, ModelCo Fibre Lash Extend and more!

I got my November Birchbox in the mail, and I'm always amazed at how much great stuff I get for my $10 monthly membership!


It has a little bit of everything, and I'm so excited to try everything out!

First up, is SheaTerra Organics Whipped Shea Butter Ultimate Moisturizing Body Creme in Bananas and Baobabs.  Full of organic shea butter and oils, this super thick creme is SO moisturizing!  I immediately opened the generously sized sample jar and worked it into my hands, with amazing results.  My hands that tend to crack and split in the winter looked soft and much younger.  My only gripe with this creme is the scent- I'm not crazy about bananas and this smells exactly like one!  I doubt I'm going to want to go out smelling like a banana, but I'll definitely use this at night before bed, and probably purchase the full size in a different scent (like white chocolate!).  

Next, is a Twistband Hair Tie.  I've never heard of Twistband, but when I looked them up, I found that these hair elastics are meant to be really gentle to the hair and prevent those nasty crimps.  They're thicker than normal elastics and look cute on your wrist (which is where mine always end up), without cutting off your circulation.  They also come in lots of bright colors, but I'm happy with the steel gray they sent me, as it goes with everything.  I'm definitely going to buy a 12 pack of these from Birchbox because they're awesome!

The next product I got was a full sized ModelCo's Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara ($24).  I didn't try this yet tonight, but I'll be reviewing it separately in another post soon.  I love the packaging- it has a mirror down the length of one side of the tube for easy touch ups.  Just this product alone pays for the $10 monthly subscription and then some!


Next is Color Club's Custom Collection Nail Polish (worth $8) in Put a Pin in It (a really pretty gilded rose gold).  This is another product I'll be reviewing at a later date. 


Next is Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture and Volume Spray.  It contains Zeolite, a natural volcanic mineral that removes toxins to keep your hair from losing volume throughout the day.  Since I have second day hair today, I thought I'd try a little bit (it's supposed to be used on dry hair), and I was really impressed with the results!  It says to spray it from the ends up to the roots, but this time I just sprayed the roots and my hair had as much volume as when it's been freshly washed and blow dried. My one complaint is that my roots feel a little sticky but I may have used too much.  Tomorrow I plan on using it as directed and see what happens.  I'll do a full review on this after I've used it a while.  


Finally, there was a sample of John Varvatos Artisan cologne, which is actually for men.  I tried it on my wrist anyway, and I looove it.  It's really light and fresh, and even though my original intention was to give it to my husband, I'm thinking about wearing it myself.  It doesn't smell too manly, and contains mandarin, clementine, and a woody base with a hint of thyme.  


So for those of you who are Birchbox members, what did you think of this month's products?  If you're not a member, do you think you'd sign up at some point/do you think it's worth the $10 a month?






No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig