New Maybelline Fall 2012 Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Shades and Swatches!

I was beyond excited today when I walked into Walgreens and saw the Maybelline Fall 2012 display.  In addition to some new powder eyeshadow quads, and a Magic Lumi-type highlighting cream, they launched some new very neutral shades of Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadows!

Just a few posts ago, while reviewing one of Tarte's cream shadows, I was lamenting that Maybelline needed to bring some more neutral shades to the Color Tattoo line, so I was super happy to see it actually happen!

There are four new shades: Rich Mahogany (deep brown), Gold Shimmer (dark honey gold with shimmer), Mossy Green (an olive shade with a hint of bronze) and Barely Beige (a soft, champagne shade).
I didn't purchase Gold Shimmer because it looks very similar to one I already own- Bold Gold.  But here are the other three!  The formula is the same, super long wearing, high pigment, easy to build, and just amazing!  (Can you tell how much I love these?)
Left to Right: Mossy Green, Barely Beige, and Rich Mahogany.

With the caps off:




Up Close:
Mossy Green


Barely Beige



Rich Mahogany

Here are the swatches on my arm.  They are all such wearable shades, compared to the brights that were offered during the initial launch earlier this year.  Barely Beige is perfect as a highlight color, and I like it much more than the white shade that came out first.  This one is so pretty and flattering .  The Mossy Green and Rich Mahogany are darker than my other favorites, Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze, and I love having these richer shades to wear for fall, either on their own, or layered under powder as a base.

From Left to Right: Mossy Green, Barely Beige, Rich Mahogany

So what do you think?  Are you as excited about these as I am?




8 comments

  1. Barely Beige is the only and the first one I will be buying of the new colors, I found out that I'm honestly not a fan of the other cream shadows because I found the colors for me weren't that everyday wearable for me, but the lasting power is amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color tattoos! I have yet to see the limited edition ones in my area though. Once I find them I'll be blogging about them too http://thedrugstorediaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all 4 shades and I love them! And Gold Shimmer is actually alot different than Bold Gold in my opinion, it's more of an antiqued gold. My fave is Barely Beige! Love the blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold Shimmer is to Bold Gold as Bad to the Bronze is to Barely Beige. That is to say, the shimmer matches Bold Gold perfectly, and they coordinate -beautifully-, but the base is much deeper. It's a really lovely golden brown.

    Mossy Green is a blackened green on me. I don't seem to have nearly as much olive/gold to mine as other people have mentioned. It's nice, just very dark, which means I need to learn how to blend a lot better if I want to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very excited about these! I only have barely beige and mossy green but am searching for Rich mahogany!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the White color, ( i think it is called , Too Cool), and i absolutely love it. I normally dont buy a ton of drugstore makeup products, but i am very glad i bought this one. It is exceptional. The white makes a fantastic under-brow highlight color. I will definitely be buying more, and i might try out the ones you suggested. I just found your blog and i am so glad that i did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! That's so great to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig