Rimmel ScadalEyes Flex Mascara Review

I wasn't a big fan of Rimmel's Original ScandalEyes mascara in the bright orange tube, but when I saw this version that includes Lycra for flexible volume, I thought I'd give it another try.


The appeal to me is the ability to add mascara later in the day.  Often, I'll have plans after work, but it's hard to add or touch up my mascara because my lashes are crunchy from the layer I put on in the morning.  


The tube is the same as the original- big and chunky, but it's black instead of orange. 


The brush is huge as well.  While I'm usually a fan of big brushes, this one is so big, it makes it a little difficult to really get down into my lashes.  I felt like I was just lightly coating them, because if I pressed any harder, the brush would have hit my eyelids and made a mess.


So my verdict?  This actually does what it says in terms of keeping your lashes soft and flexible.  I was able to add mascara later with no problems at all, which was the best part of ScandalEyes.  Unfortunately, the volume leaves something to be desired.  I've gotten way bigger lashes with Jordana's Best Lash Extreme or Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume.  It would be one thing if they didn't advertise "Scandalous Volume" and this was marketed as a daytime, everyday mascara that doesn't make your lashes stiff, but the ads make you think you're getting crazy volume, and I just don't see it.  As an everyday mascara to wear to work, it's pretty good.  It's not goopy or clumpy at all, even though it looks that way when you pull the brush out of the tube.
Here are my before and afters:


What are your thoughts?  Are there any ScandalEyes fans out there? Any haters?

4 comments

  1. I liked the first scandaleyes but wasn't in love. After reading your review I'll probably skip this because I have such thin sparse lashes that if there's no lengthening or volume its useless to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated original Scandaleyes. I was sucked in by the commercials that made it seem like you get these huge lashes, and it did absolutely nothing for me. BTW I agree with you about the brush too. It's way too big to get to the base of your lashes. I love Rimmel's Sexy Curves in the purple tube though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lashes do look nice in the photos from it. I hate clumpy
    Looking eyelashes. I haven't tried it and probably won't any time soon. I am looking for reviews on cheap makeup brushes and haven't seen anything really. Any suggestions ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslee! That was the one thing I liked about ScandalEyes- that it wasn't clumpy. As far as makeup brushes, I usually head to Target. Their Sonia Kashuk line has really reasonable prices on brushes! I love her flat top synthetic breyeshadow ush for applying foundation and it was about $14. ELF is also sold at Target or at eyeslipsface.com and their brushes are between $2 and $5 each! I have some eyeshadow brushes that were $3 and are super soft and amazing for the price. My ELF large powder brush was $5 andI was its soft but the handle is a bit loose now. So they might not last forever but for the price they're great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig