L'oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Correcting and Illuminating Serum

I've always been pretty careful about sun exposure, so I haven't had many dark spots show up on my face (at least not yet).  I have a few freckles across my nose and cheeks, but they've never bothered me before.  As I get older, I find that I've been so focused on wrinkle prevention, I haven't given tone and texture a lot of thought.  Then, one morning, I noticed a dark spot near the outer corner of my eye.  I thought it was smudged eye makeup, but it didn't come off.  
I ended up purchasing Clinique's Even Better Spot Corrector serum, because I heard good things about it, but after a month of use, nothing had changed.  
Then in June, I was at CVS and spotted this L'oreal Dark Spot Correcting and Illuminating Serum, Even though it has a pretty steep price tag for a drugstore product ($24.99), I had some CVS extra bucks, and was pretty desperate and tired of covering up this dark spot.  


Before I tell you my results, here are a few product shots so you can see it's claims and ingredients:






This product is a lightweight serum that adds a bit of moisture that might be enough for oilier skins, but those who are dry will need to layer a moisturizer over it.  It comes in a pump that dispenses just the right amount for your face in one pump, which is great- no waste! 

The product itself has a pearly sheen, which leaves your face glowing immediately.  Right away, I noticed that my face looked brighter. You can see in the picture below how my skin looks glowy.  This glow is noticeable even with foundation on, which I thought was great!


 After about a week of using this, my skin tone started to even out a bit and my face looked really clear and bright. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to skincare, but I told myself that I would use this day and night for a month and give it a chance to work before I wrote a review.  I'm happy to report that the spot near my eye is just about gone- barely noticeable without makeup, and covers up completely with makeup- it has faded pretty dramatically and I'm shocked that this worked so much better than the Clinique! My freckles are still there, but are less noticeable, and my skin tone is clear and bright, even without makeup.  I found that I don't need as much coverage now and can get away with wearing sheerer foundations.  
I'm not sure how this will work on older, more stubborn age spots, but I started applying it shortly after mine appeared, so I guess catching it early makes it easier to fade. One thing you really have to do though, is continue to wear sunscreen, or dark spots will come back.  
I'd love to hear from you to find out if you're willing to try this, or if you have, what was your result?  


No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig