Organix Argan Dry Body Oil Review

Since I had such a great experience with Organix Coconut Hibiscus Body Lotion (see my review here), when I saw this dry body oil, I had to try it.  
I'm a sucker for body oils, since I have dry skin, and the thing I like about this one is that it's a "dry oil", meaning that it sinks into the skin quickly without an oily/greasy residue.  Argan Oil is still a hot ingredient, because it's so moisturizing and good for the skin.  Here are some bottle and ingredient shots:





This does contain mineral oil, for those of you who don't like that.  It's a bit disappointing that it's the first ingredient, and Argan is third on the list, but I guess pure Argan oil would be really pricey, and this only cost around $6 at CVS.  
The scent is amazing!  It smells so fresh and clean- almost like a floral/herbal shampoo maybe?  I can't put my finger on it, but if you're in the store, you have to flip the top open and take a whiff...you'll want to buy it just for the scent- trust me.  It doesn't smell like your typical Moroccan Oil scent- it's less heavy and more light and fresh.  
The oil sinks right in and is super moisturizing without feeling heavy at all.  I like to use it right when I get out of the shower and my skin is still damp- it locks the moisture right in.

Now, my one complaint about this product, (and it's kind of a big one), is the packaging.  You dispense the product by pouring it out in your hand through this rather large hole in the top of the bottle.  When you tip the bottle, the oil runs all over the place, no matter how careful you are.  It runs down the bottle and makes a puddle on the sink every time.  I think I'm going to transfer it to a pump, which would be much easier to work with.  


Overall, I love this dry oil- have you tried it?  What did you think?

3 comments

  1. I've tried the Moroccan body lotion by Organix and I agree the scent is pure heaven! I wanted to try the oil, but the dispenser sounds like its a pain in the neck. Thanks for the tip, if I buy it, I'll transfer it to another bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to try this and the lotion. I would love if they csme out with a perfume or even if someone made a dupe of the scent. The scent (i have the shampoo) reminds me of my beloved discontinued anna sui dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, you're right! I looovvved Sui Dreams- it was one of my fave scents ever. I'm so sad they discontinued it. But that's a great idea- they should make a perfume or at the very least a body spray.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig