Splurge! Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara Review


Once in a while, even a girl on a budget has to splurge, and while I was in Sephora the other day, I spotted Too Faced's new Better Than False Lashes mascara.  I didn't think anything could get me to  plunk down $35 (yes, that's not a typo) for mascara.  Even my beloved Diorshow is only $23, and I thought that was steep.  Still, I had a $25 gift card from my sister to spend, so I decided to just go for it.



This mascara is a three step process.  First, you coat your lashes with the mascara itself.  Next, you add a layer of nylon fibers in the smaller tube.  Finally, you coat your lashes with the mascara again.

Even though it's a few extra steps, it's not really a difficult process.  I just make sure I have both tubes open and ready to go so my lashes don't dry between coats.  The fiber brush is a spoolie-type brush and the fibers are very dry, like cotton.  This is why you need the first coat of mascara- otherwise these wouldn't adhere to your lashes. 

The mascara itself has a medium sized brush and when you pull the brush out of the tube, it wipes very clean- no clumps.  

So were my results anything like that picture on the box?  Not quite...but my lashes got as long as they ever have without using falsies.  Take a look...

Here's my before:

Here's my lashes after adding the nylon fibers.  You can sort of see them on my lashes if you look closely:

Here's the after picture:

This is with one eye done, and the other with nothing.  You can really see how dramatic it is in this picture:


Finally, the last picture is with both eyes done:

So is it worth the splurge?  I would say yes and no.  Even though this gave incredible length and volume, I've tried some drugstore mascaras that come pretty close for a fraction of the price. And I probably wouldn't use this every day.  But on the flip side, it's totally worth having on hand for evening, because I'd much rather use this than false lashes.  

Have any of you tried this?  If not, do you think you would spend $35 on it?








7 comments

  1. Stopping by to say hi from the bloh hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about $35, that's a bit much! But I do love Too Faced, and I may need to give it a go. I'm obsessed with Too Faced Lashgasm, and it's a bit more inexpensive. I found you while blog hopping and I'm now following!

    Frances
    hellofrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely going on my wishlist! I've been looking for a good mascara!

    www.sassychic.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review-your lashes look great! Could you name a few of the drugstore brands of mascara that would give a similar effect? -Dora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dora,

    I've gotten a similar effect from Revlon's PhotoReady 3D mascara (My review: http://www.budgetbeautyblog.com/2011/12/revlon-photoready-3d-volume-mascara.html) and Maybelline's Illegal Length (http://www.budgetbeautyblog.com/2011/12/new-maybelline-illegal-length-mascara.html). They were both pretty close! And only one step...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, $35?! Hmm, but the results looks pretty amazing on you and like you said, its better than using falsies. I dont usually like to spend that much on makeups and mascaras life times are shorter than other makeup items. I think Ill pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just tried it and love it. It's worth the splurge for me because I have thin straight lashes and this makes them look fuller.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig