Shielo Anti-Aging Smoothing Complexion Scrub

A few weeks ago, I reviewed Shielo's Antioxidant Leave In Conditioner , and I really liked it a lot.  This week, I wanted to talk about another product I got to try from the line- the Anti-Aging Smoothing Complexion Scrub. 


According to Shielo's website, this scrub: 

"Contains non-irritating jojoba micro-spheres that will safely and gently refine skin to a new clarity. These micro-spheres are excellent for removing blackheads. Contains soothing Allantoin for comforting skin.
Aloe Vera Juice: Refreshing vitamins for skin health and renewed complexion.
Jojoba: Contains fatty acids that revitalize skin; this product contains jojoba microspheres which are small and delicate for a microdermabrasion effect.
Allantoin: Soothes the skin while reducing inflammation."
It costs $16.99 for 4 oz.


First off, I wanted to say that this product contains sodium laureth sulfate as its cleansing agent, in case you are sensitive to it.  Other than that, it's cruelty free, and made in the USA, which is a huge plus in my book. 


What I love about this scrub is that it contains tiny jojoba beads as the exfoliant, rather than crushed seeds which can cause tiny microscopic tears in the skin.  Jojoba beads are perfectly round, and are much more gentle on your face.  This scrub has a light, refreshing scent that's really pleasant to use, and it doesn't dry out or strip the skin at all.  I found it to be very gentle and non-irritating.  I use it about three times a week, and noticed lately that my makeup is going on much smoother and there are less dry flaky patches on my forehead.  I haven't noticed anti-aging benefits, other than the fact that removing dead skin helps your skin look younger, but I haven't been using this for more than 3 weeks or so, so I can't say for sure.  
Here's what it looks like out of the tube: 


When I add water to it, and spread the product around on my hand, this is what it looks like.  It doesn't foam, which for someone with dry skin like me, is a good thing, because it's not stripping.  

Overall, I think this scrub does a great job of exfoliating my skin, while doing it gently and without irritation.  The calming ingredients, such as allantoin and aloe vera leave my face feeling smooth afterwards, and never tight.  
The one thing I'm not crazy about is that it contains sodium laureth sulfate, and while it doesn't irritate my skin, others might be sensitive to it.  
It's also not cheap at $16.99, but after weeks of use, I've barely made a dent in the tube, because you need very little product, and are only using it a few times a week.  

Disclaimer: Jenna has personally reviewed the product listed above. She has not received any monetary compensation for her review but did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.






1 comment

  1. Thank you for this very informative blog. You have made sense of this topic by writing unique, original content. It’s easy to read, engaging and smart. Blogs of this caliber are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig