Mattify Any Foundation With Cover FX Custom Blot Drops

Cover FX Custom Blot Drops are a bit of a splurge ($42 at Sephora) but I saw these hit the Sephora website the other day and was really intrigued!  Basically, you just add a few drops of this formula to any foundation (or any other liquid products like BB Cream, moisturizer etc.) and it instantly absorbs oil and reduces shine. 

Here are all the details from the Sephora website

Custom Blot Drops instantly transform your complexion to a matte finish. Just mix it with your favorite products or use it alone for instant results. The non-drying, oil-absorbing, and shine-reducing drops can be applied before or after makeup or mixed with any of your liquid products, such as serum, moisturizer, primer, and foundation. 

This versatile customization product balances skin—especially combination, oily, and acne-prone—with a complex of ingredients that controls excess oil, while exfoliating salicylic acid supports clear pores. Cucumber extract and papaya fruit help hydrate skin to keep it from feeling tight, while chamomile extract soothes and tones. The formula creates a silky-soft texture and, once applied, diffuses light to help blur the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections. It can be blended directly with any liquid product, whether it’s a primer, foundation, or moisturizer. The result is a silky skin texture that’s easily blendable. 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Alcohol Denat., Methyl Gluceth-20, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trideceth-6, Disodium EDTA, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, Laureth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PVM/MA Copolymer, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Citronellol.

I don't mind splurging on a product if there's nothing else like it on the market and this definitely fits that description! I have really dry skin so I can't see myself using this often, but I do own a few BB Creams and foundations that I like but they're too emollient and leave me looking shiny (especially in the summer) so this might save me from throwing them away.

What do you think? Would you try the new Cover FX Custom Blot Drops?

Grab them now at Sephora.com
Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

18 comments

  1. ������ MUST GET THIS STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's no such thing as too matte for me. Summer is coming, and so does my oily skin, with it. Hope this works for at least 7-8 hours.
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those "why hasn't anyone thought of this yet" kind of products. Very intriguing indeed! I feel like I need this in my life but it's expensive as hell for that little bottle. If you only need a couple drops I wonder how long it lasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it'll probably last quite a while. I figure if it's good, it's worth the price and if not, Sephora has a great return policy! :)

      Delete
  3. So cool! I have a drawer full of BB Creams that are too shiny for me to wear. I wonder if this really works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's such a cool idea for a product! :)

      Delete
  4. I would definitely try this, I am really intrigued! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If it works really well, maybe at some point we'll see something similar at the drugstores. :)

      Delete
  5. Cover FX has so many great drops. I really need to actually buy a few. They're nice for those of us who find it hard to find color matches. We can add what we need to what does work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, they're really innovative in that way! I love it :)

      Delete
  6. Awwww, I was SO excited for this product, but I'm SUUUUUPER allergic to salicylic acid. I wish companies would quit putting it in stuff that really doesn't need it. Not every oily-skinned gal is acne-prone anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a bummer! That really stinks. :(

      Delete
  7. As soon as I read your post yesterday, I went to Sephora website and ordered it right there and then. Can't wait to get it! I hoard loose powder and all sorts of mattifying face products in hopes of finding THE ONE that'll last at least 6-7 hours before touch up is needed. My combo skin gets oily on the summer and there's no such thing for me as matte overload. I'll keep you posted.
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I read your post, I went on Sephora website and ordered it. I hoard loose powders and mattifying product in hopes of finding THE ONE that'll keep me matte for at least 7 hours. Hope this one works.
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Marina! You'll have to come back and let me know how you like it! I'm really interested to find out how well this works. :)

      Delete
  9. This is 20% off on the coverfx.com site right now since they are having their friends and family sale. Through May 21st, no code needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you'll do a review on this! I'd love to hear your thoughts once you use the product! I want to know if it's worth the splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you have combo to oily skin, save your $42 because this product will not keep oil under control. I tried wearing it alone, in lieu of setting powder, and mixing it with foundation/moisturizer. In my experience, good mattifying products feel a little "drying" initially. This one, however felt too "comfortable" upon application. In 2 hours, my face was a blinding disco ball. {The only thing missing was the disco music:))} the worst part, I had to use mattifying powder 3 TIMES in a 10 hour period to dry up oil. Someone with normal to very dry skin may have better luck with this. I can easily say that because it feels very comfortable on the skin throughout its wear time. Honestly, I feel that CoverFX took a silicone moisturizer and repackaged it as a mattifying product, IMHO, because it feels exactly like a silicone based moisturizer. Back to Sephora I will return it.
    Marina D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina! Thank you so much for the review...you just saved a lot of people with oily skin from buying this. What a bummer that it didn't work for you! At least Sephora has a great return policy, but it must be a big letdown. :(

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig