Elf Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder- Nars Orgasm Laguna Dupe

When I worked at Sephora, one of my favorite palettes was the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo.  I loved the peachy pink blush, and the perfect light brown bronzer that wasn't orange.  What I didn't love was the $41 price tag!  
When I was in Target recently, I saw an ELF palette that looked strikingly similar to the Nars one I loved so much- and it was only $3!
For a $3 product, I can't believe how high quality the packaging feels- the compact feels heavy and substantial in my hand. Here's the ELF palette on top, and below is a picture of the Nars version.

This compact comes with a peachy pink blush and a light brown bronzer, both with a little shimmer.  The powder itself is highly pigmented, which really surprised me for a $3 product.  When I dipped the brush into the pans, it picked the powder up very easily, with no effort at all. I also love that the pans are large which makes this very easy to use. 
I don't own the Orgasm/Laguna palette anymore, but I do have Orgasm, so I wanted to compare it next to the ELF blush.  The Nars is on the Left, ELF on the right.    
The colors were really similar, but I found that Orgasm is a bit pinker, while the ELF blush has a little more peach in it.  Here are swatches of the two ( I swatched them really heavy to show the color better).  ELF is on top, Nars is on the bottom. 
Next, I swatched the bronzer, and it's a really great brown based color- it doesn't turn orange on me. It's a little bit dark for my super pale winter skin, but I think it'll be perfect for summer! (Right to left, colors are: Nars Orgasm, ELF Blush, ELF Bronzer). 
I'm so impressed by this palette!  Even though the colors aren't identical, they're close enough between the quality packaging and high pigmentation that I can't justify spending the extra $38 on the Nars palette.  
Have you tried this palette?  I'd love to hear what you think!





2 comments

  1. I have this palette and I was also super impressed by the quality. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and not everything is a good dupe, but in this case you'd be crazy not to buy the elf version IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the elf duo that is compared above to NARS? Elf has 3 color duos to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig