Milani Illuminating Face Powder Review- Amber Nectar

Last month, I posted about spotting the new Milani Illuminating Face Powders at CVS and I ended up going back to get one.  I chose Amber Nectar, because I thought the peachy tones would wake up my pale skin without overdoing it on the bronze.  
Since I have pale skin, I have to be careful when I choose a bronzer, especially in the wintertime.  A too-dark bronzer tends to look muddy on my skin, not to mention really obvious.  So, when I saw this powder, I was excited to see all the peachy pink tones mixed in with  the bronze. Normally when I get color from the sun, I will always get a little pink, so it's important for me to incorporate the pink in with the bronze to get the most natural sunkissed look.  I love the little rosette pattern too- it's so pretty!

I wanted to get a picture of this buffed onto my skin, but it really wasn't noticeable on camera.  So this is a swatch on my arm- I put it on thick so that you can see the color better.  I swirled all the colors together and this is the color it comes out: 
Once it's blended into the skin, it's the perfect bronze for my pale skin with a hint of peachy pink. It has really minimal shimmer too- just barely enough to kind of create a diffused airbrushed glow, but not so much that I look like a disco ball. 
The other colors are:

I'm really loving this powder!  Have you tried any of the shades yet?  What did you think?

1 comment

  1. I haven't tried them yet , but the cute rose design makes me want to hoard them :). How is the staying power? That is something I always have to check before buying anything, I hate when they pull the magic trick on me and completely disappear after a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig