Palmers Cocoa Butter Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub Review

Part 3, and my final post of my Palmers mini haul, is a review of Palmers Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub.  


This scrub is made with crushed, microfine cocoa beans, shea butter, cocoa butter, antioxidants, milk proteins and evening primrose to calm stressed skin.  


It kind of looks like St. Ives Apricot scrub- it's very thick and grainy.  

Here it is spread out on my skin- it's really thick and creamy. 

When you add water, it is easy to work into the skin, but it's non foaming.  Here's what it looked like when I added water:

This is an extremely effective scrub in the sense that it gets all the dead stuff off and leaves your skin pink and glowing.  But.... something was nagging at me from years ago, when I took a skincare class during my days working at Sephora. I remember the expert telling us that using crushed seeds such as walnut or apricot  would create microscopic tears in the skin, and that under a microscope the crushed seeds look like jagged pieces of glass.  But, they did say that crushed seed scrubs could be used on the body, where skin is tougher.  
We were taught that the gentlest way to exfoliate the face was to use a scrub containing round spheres such as jojoba beads, since they just roll across the top layer of the skin without tearing the skin.   

My skin seemed fine after using this, but my skin isn't very sensitive.  I think this might be a little harsh on someone with sensitive skin, but so would any other crushed seed scrub.  

 I think I'll probably reserve this for use on my body- it would make a really great foot scrub, since it's so grainy and effective at sloughing off dead skin.  

3 comments

  1. I learned from a dermatologist that even if you have oily, blemish-prone skin you should start your routine with a gentle, non-soap face wash. I ordered online a up a bottle of Shielo's Compexion Scrub (with Jojoba Microspheres!). As it turns out, I made a good choice because the Shielo Complexion Scrub has worked well for my oily skin.

    It has a delicate, fresh scent. I didn't really get much lather during use, but it was enough to clear away all of my makeup without irritating my face or my eyes. The cleanser washed off easily and thoroughly, and my face didn't feel sticky with residue or tight as if it had been stripped. With a freshly clean palette, my nightime treatment goes on smoothly and without irritation. This is a good choice for anyone whose skin needs a gentle--but thorough--cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amrk 7, I agree! I posted a review of Shielo's scrub a while back- I use it daily and it's non-irritating. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most exfoliants with small granules were too rough on my dry skin. I got a professional facial to help with my dry skin and they recommended the Made from Earth Rooibos Tea Face Scrub that will dissolve dry skin without being so rough. Of course they wanted me to purchase an incredibly expensive product, but I decided to do some looking on my own.

    I settled on this Made from Earth Rooibos Scrub and have been very pleased. I can use it daily without it being too harsh on my skin. Even using it daily or every other day, the product has lasted a while (bought it in mid-August and still going here at Thanksgiving). It smells pleasant and feels soothing on my skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig