NYX Doll Eyes Volumizing Mascara Review

Part three of my NYX haul is my review of their Doll Eyes Mascara.  The Doll Eyes collection features three mascaras-  volumizing, lengthening, and waterproof.  I decided to go with the volumizing one.  It was $9 at Harmons.  You can also get it at NYXCosmetics.com


Here's what NYX says about Doll Eyes: 
"For irresistibly fluttery eyelashes, try this mascara on for size. Doll Eye Mascara uses a unique blend of natural oils, Vitamin E and nylon fibers to extend eyelashes to almost faux proportions. Choose from lengthening, volumizing or waterproof versions."


Here's the ingredient list: 

The tube is really pretty and the brush shape is really great for getting every lash.  
The formula is pretty dry, which I like because it dries before it gets all over my eyelids.  The dryness makes it great for building multiple coats, because sometimes wetter formulas make the lashes stick together easily.  However, one thing I didn't like about it was that it felt a little bit sticky when I applied it, and it took a little while for the sticky feeling to go away.  
But overall, I loved the volume this gave my lashes!  It really thickened and even lengthened a lot too.  It also has some serious staying power- I needed an oil makeup remover to take this off! 

Before: 

After: 



 What do you guys think?  Have you tried any of NYX's mascaras?  I'd love to try the lengthening one next! 


Check out more Doll Eyes reviews at Makeup Alley!

3 comments

  1. Beautiful! I'm eager to try this out. I LOVE your blog, by the way. It's the only place I can find all cheap drugstore makeup reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap is all I can say. They look swesome!! Did you use anything else such as primer or did you comb them out? Are your lashes long to begin with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AlyssA, thanks! :) I would say my lashes are about average length. I don't use lash primers, but I typically use lots of coats. I use a method where I hold the brush horizontally and wiggle it up through my lashes. It helps coat them and separate at the same time. I usually do this 8 or 9 times in a row to get them coated really well. I also do it in sections- the middle of my lashes I wiggle it straight up, the outer corner, I wiggle it at an angle facing out to "wing out" my outer lashes, and then on my inner lashes closest to my nose, I angle the brush a little toward my nose and wiggle it through. I find that this method gives me way better results that just combing it through once or twice.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig