Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer and Highlighter Review

I've been pretty happy with my current concealer (Maybelline's Eraser), so I wasn't really looking for another one. But I was in CVS today and decided to purchase Rimmel's new Match Perfection Tone Adapting Concealer because I liked the idea of a concealer and highlighter in one.

The Details:

According to Rimmel's website:

"Skin Tone adapting concealer.2 in 1 concealer and highlighter.Banish signs of fatigue and illuminate the eye area. Lets skin breathe. 1)SMART-TONE ® technology:the next generation of skin matching2)BLUE SAPPHIRE for superior freshness and anti-fatigue effect3)OXYGENATING COMPLEX re-energizes and lets your skin breathe".

This concealer comes in 3 shades: Fair/Light, Light, and a darker shade.  Even though I have fair skin, I chose the middle shade, because shades that are just slightly darker than my skin seem to cover better and help to avoid raccoon eyes.  One thing I really liked, was that on the back of the tube, there is a guide that tells you which shade to choose based on your Rimmel foundation shade.





This concealer has a brush that you can apply the product with.  You just squeeze the tube (not too hard or you'll get too much product), and paint the concealer on.  It's great because you can get into all of the crevices around the eye area.
The downside is that you still need to rub it in a little with your fingers... at least I did.
The consistency is very light and it just melts into the skin easily with a dewy finish.


The Results: 

Here's my before shot: I don't have too much in the way of dark circles today, but there's a little bit of a bluish tint underneath my eyes.



Here's the after shot:


The Verdict:

This concealer definitely illuminates the eye area without the use of shimmer or sparkle.  It reminds me of YSL's Touche Eclat, in that it just brightens and hides minor flaws without looking cakey or settling into lines.  I would say my fine lines look the same in both pictures, which is ok, because most concealers settle into them and make them worse.  It doesn't have heavy coverage, but I would say it's medium, because it did take away the bluish coloring under my eyes.



No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig