L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Review

My last experience with Loreal's Voluminous mascara didn't end well.  It worked well the first day, but then it smudged, it clumped.  I know a lot of people like it, but it was too messy for me.  I saw the newest member of the Voluminous family the other day at Walgreens and thought I'd give it another shot.  It cost around $8.99.

Claims


Voluminous False Fiber lashes is a volumizing mascara that contains fibers that surround each lash and plump them up, giving you a sex-kittenish false lash look.  The packaging says that it is clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free and fragrance-free.

Packaging


This mascara comes in a sleek gold tube that's squared off instead of round.  While it's beautiful to look at, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the square tube from a practical perspective.  First of all, the tube is huge- it towers over my other mascaras, and the wand part that you hold is wide and square, which makes it a little hard to grip.  Maybe I'm just used to smaller round tubes, but either way, it's not that big a deal.

The brush is sleek, long, and thin. The bristles are very soft, which feels great during application, but doesn't separate quite as easily as stiffer bristles.

Formula:


The formula is definitely easy to work with- it builds nicely, doesn't clump, and it's not too wet or dry.  I find it definitely plumped and lengthened my lashes easily.  Also, after an entire day at work, it never smudged or flaked, unlike the original voluminous I tried a while back.

Results:


I got great results with this mascara, and I was overall very impressed!

Before-


After-


Have you tried any great new mascara's lately?  Discuss with fellow Budget Beauty followers in our new forum! 

3 comments

  1. make up adds beauty to someone who wants to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your lashes look incredible. Perfectly fanned out and not clumpy at all! I am dying to try this mascara now- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently purchased this at CVS and absolutely love it! A couple of my friends thought I had falsies on. Made a huge difference to my usual "look" - I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig