Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer Brightener Review

Revlon's new Photoready eye primer and brightener is new for 2012, and reminds me of two other products that just launched from Maybelline (Dream Lumi) and L'Oreal (Magic Lumi).  I had mixed results with the other two, so I was hoping that this one would be the best of both worlds.


Here's some shots of the packaging/ingredients: 



  It comes in a twist up pen form, and like other products packaged this way, you have to be careful not to twist up too much, or it'll dispense too much product.  




This has a pink tone to it, which is great for my skin, but I'm not sure how it will work for those with yellow undertones.  The Maybelline Dream Lumi was yellow based, which was my one complaint about it, so I was happy that this one is more pink. 
Here's a swatch on my arm (not rubbed in):


And below, is a swatch on my hand that's rubbed in more- but not all the way, so you can see where I put it.  The formula is really light, yet moisturizing, and it doesn't seep into pores or accentuate wrinkles.  It actually seems to diffuse light in that area and give the skin a soft focus look. 
And now for the before and after shots!  I have no other makeup on yet- this is right after I applied moisturizer this morning, so please excuse my skin if it looks awful!


Before: You can see some redness under my eye, and also on my eyelid.  

After: I put the product on my eyelid as well as underneath the eye.  I used a generous amount to see if it would sink into fine lines, and it didn't- I love that!  Also, it evened out my skintone and brightened the area quite a bit.  


It didn't conceal everything, but I'm happy with the results. Just being able to brighten the eye area without the product sinking into lines and pores is fantastic.  I can always add a tiny bit of concealer if needed.  
Has anyone else tried this?  What do you think?

2 comments

  1. I have to say , that for a very long time , I was using different under eye concealers , as I thought I have terrible darkness under my eyes and all of the concealers I used covered up my darkness just vaguely , unless I would put a very thick one that would make me impossible to smile because it would sink into all my lines even the ones I don't have . Then i try Revlon . I thought, oh no , its pink !! I thought you need yellow to cover up eye shadows . I applied this and kept checking in the mirror in disbelief , my eye area looks bright . And then it hit me , my darkness had green colour , so pink is the best to blend into green to disguise . So , anyone who has greenish under eye shadowing , try it , it Works !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'oreal, Revlon and Maybelline are actually the same company. The best concealer I own is Maybelline's Age Rewind, it's the only one that doesn't cake into my fine lines!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig