Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Review and Peach Parfait Swatch.

I've been meaning to review Revlon's lip butters for a while now, but I'm just now getting around to it.  The shade I own and use just about every day is Peach Parfait.  Don't let the name fool you- I wouldn't call this peach...and yet it's not pink either.  I'd say it's a good blend of the two, and makes for a good "your lips only better" shade.  
This color has shimmer in it, but not all of the shades do.  Honestly, I wasn't really looking for one with shimmer, but I liked this color, so I ended up getting it anyway.




My overall impression of this is great- it's really moisturizing and "lip butter" is the perfect way to describe it, because it's very thick and rich. It's also very pigmented for a balm- it really packs a punch when it comes to color, so if you're looking for a very sheer, hint of tint, you might be surprised by how much color this actually adds to the lips.  It also has a glossy finish, and isn't sticky or tacky at all- it has the feel of a balm.  
Really, it's like a cross between a lipstick, lip gloss and lip balm- it has elements of each.  

My one complaint is the shimmer- it feels a bit gritty if I rub my lips together, but it's not that big of a deal to me.

Here's my before and after shots: 



I'll definitely pick this up in more shades.  Even though I'm a little intimidated by red lipsticks, I was thinking that maybe I'll try one in Candy Apple or Red Velvet because these a little more sheer and easy to wear than a lipstick. Maybe it'll be my "gateway red".   I'll keep you posted!


What's your favorite Colorburst shade?

3 comments

  1. Peach Parfait is my favorite shade!! I bought this when it first came out and I've been telling friends about it. Problem is, they can't get it anymore because all the displays in the stores are wiped out. Hopefully they start stocking this again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first lip butter color and now I have like all of them. Except the light ones because I'm medium toned. Love peach parfait!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig