New Dove Style + Care Line plus Lea Michele's Sag Awards Red Carpet Look

I just got word that Dove will be launching a new hair line in March 2012 called Style + Care.  It includes a dry shampoo, which I'm really excited about. 

The products left to right are: 

Nourishing Amplifier Mousse- Gently nourishes with added volume and bounce
Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse- Nourishes for well-defined, touchably soft curls
Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray- All day hold and enhanced luminosity
Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray- Flexible hold and enhanced luminosity
Invigorating Dry Shampoo- Refreshes and revives hair between regular washes
Nourishing Dry Ends Serum-Nourishes dry ends for smooth, healthy looking hair
Frizz Free Shine Cream-Serum- Nourishes to smooth away frizz and boost shine
Thermal Replenishment Spray-Works with heat to nourish and protect
Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray-All day hold and enhanced luminosity
Nourishing Curls Defining Gel-Nourishes and protects hair for long-lasting style (not pictured)



And speaking of Dove's new line, Lea Michele's tousled soft wave look at the Sag Awards the other night was created with some of these products. 


 Celebrity stylist Mark Townsend shares his tips on how to re-create the looks at home:
"I was so inspired by Lea and her Atelier Versace gown and wanted to give her a hairstyle that was soft, sexy, and touchable. I started by applying a large dollop of the new Dove Style+Care Nourishing Amplifier Mousse to Lea's damp hair and blow dried with a large round brush for volume. Next, I took a dime-size amount of the new Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands and rubbed them together to warm up the product, and then raked my hands through her hair. I am obsessed with this cream; it gives the hair amazing shine and separation, and also nourishes the hair too so it's like having a styling product and a conditioner in one bottle. I pulled her hair into a loose bun while Lea had her makeup done to set a loose wave in her hair. Then, I let the hair down and sprayed Oribe Après Beach Spray all over to give the hair that great sexy "second-day" hair. Just before Lea left for the red carpet, I finished her hairstyle by spraying the new Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray all over to keep her hair in place without it looking stiff or crunchy."


Ok, her style is making me want long hair again- it looks gorgeous! I'm excited to try several of the new products, including the dry shampoo, amplifying mousse, Cream-serum and thermal replenishment spray.  Which ones are you most excited to try? 


1 comment

  1. I've been using the flexible hold hairspray and I love it! My hair is chin-length, layered and it keeps body all day, without getting greasy or stiff. Besides, if you've ever seen their website, Dove, as a company, is very pro-women - go Dove!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig