NYC Cosmetics Ultra Moist Lipwear Review- Violet Shine and Petal Swatches

I was in the mood for a new lipstick the other day, and spotted one by NYC that cost .99!  Yep, that's right- less than a dollar! So, I bought two. 


It's called Ultra Moist Lipwear, and according to the NYC Website :
" Built-in conditioner creates a creamy, dreamy texture on your lips for an ultra moisturized feel". 


The colors I chose were Violet Shine (#319) and Petal (#314).  A lot of the colors were sold out- not surprising at that price! 

The packaging feels a little bit cheap in the sense that it's very lightweight plastic, but no big deal- I mean,  it is cheap. I did like the look of the packaging though- it's clean and modern looking.




Here's the lipsticks swatched on paper: 


Violet Shine is on the left, and Petal is on the right.  I would call Violet Shine a rose with a hint of plum in it- not really violet.  Petal is a pinky-beige, and while I liked the color, it had a little frost in it, which I'm not always crazy about.  Violet Shine was my favorite of the two colors. 


Here's the swatches on my arm (Petal on the left, Violet Shine on the right: 


The texture of these is sheer and definitely moisturizing.  The color goes on pretty sheer with a little shine, which goes away after about 1/2 an hour on me, but the color hangs on for quite a bit longer.  It felt nice on my lips- it wasn't heavy or waxy at all, and didn't feel like a coating.  It also didn't sink into lines or catch in dry spots, which is a big pet peeve of mine. 


My only (small) gripe is that the lipsticks don't twist all the way down into the tube, which increases the chances that I'll hit into the bullet while replacing the cap. See picture below: this is as far as it rolls down. 
But honestly I'm really glad I bought these!  It's a really nice, sheer lipstick, and it's so cheap, you can try out different colors without breaking the bank.  
Have you tried these lipsticks?  Or any other NYC lipsticks?

2 comments

  1. These lipsticks are super pretty! I've never tried NYC, but I might give it a try now. I have nothing to lose for .99 cents. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm from the Philippines, so it's too bad NYC lipsticks don't seem to be available here. I have NYC lipsticks in Violet Shine and Retro Red though. You're right about Violet Shine, it goes on sheer without settling into lines or emphasizing flakiness. It gives lips a nice, natural sheen. In fact, my tube of Violet Shine is almost used up--and I never manage to finish a tube of lipstick! That's how nice Violet Shine is. You should try Retro Red too; it's got amazing reviews. You'll see why--it's a lovely shade of look-at-me red.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig