Dove Intensive Daily Treatment Conditioner Review

I recently cut my long hair into an angled bob.  I had been growing it out for years, and after my wedding last June, I finally decided I should cut off some of the older ends.  At first, my shorter hair looked so much healthier, but then I lightened it even more, and I also found that I am blow drying way more often, because I can't just put it in a ponytail and run out the door.


As a result, my hair has gotten increasingly dry and brittle, and it's at the point where I'm afraid it might even break.  So it was time to find a serious solution (and curb my use of heat and bleach a little).  I did a some research and found that products containing lactic acid can help repair damage.
 Lactic acid is an AHA found in milk, and is used as a mild skin exfoliant, but when applied to hair, it creates saline bonds between exposed keratin chains in the hair to sort of fill in the porous gaps.  I looked around for products that contained lactic acid, and almost splurged on a L'Oreal Professional Absolut treatment ($20),  but then I spotted one from Dove that also contained Lactic Acid, and it was $4. So, I decided to try that first.



This is a treatment and conditioner in one.  It's supposed to be incredibly moisturizing, yet weightless at the same time, which is important for someone with fine hair like me. 






All I can say is wow!  This conditioner literally transformed my hair into silky, shiny, smoothness and didn't weigh it down at all. It felt like it rinsed out completely, yet I could easily run a comb through it.  After blow drying, my hair had volume, but it was super smooth and soft, and I could hardly see the damaged parts.  And as a bonus, this smells fantastic- fresh and clean, and the scent lingered throughout the day.  I could still smell it even when I went to bed last night.  I think I'm going to get the shampoo next!
Have any of you tried this?  There's also an Intensive Repair conditioner (minus the treatment) and I wonder how that is compared with this one?

1 comment

  1. I had no idea that Lactic Acid did that! I'm definitely going to try this, and look for lactic acid on ingredient labels from now on. Thanks- i learned something new today! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig