The Balm Balm Beach Long-Wearing Blush Review & Swatches


The Balm Balm Beach Long-Wearing Blush ($21 at TheBalm.com) is brand new this summer and is the perfect warm-neutral pink for a barely-there kiss of color.  I'm obsessed with all of The Balm's blushes (see my reviews here, here, and here so I knew I had to get this one to add to my collection.

The packaging is gorgeous, which isn't surprising since The Balm always does a great job with that. It has a retro beach scene on the outside and the blush pan looks as though it's surrounded by water. The compact is cardboard with a mirror inside and a magnetic closure. It also has an outer sleeve that matches the compact for mess-free traveling.

This formula claims to be long-wearing and I would certainly agree with that. The blush is soft, silky, and blends beautifully. Unfortunately, it's a very light pinky nude shade so I feel like only those with lighter skin tones will be able to wear this. It takes a bit of buildup just to get it to show up on my skin and I'm pretty fair! I normally swirl my brush into the pan, apply it, and then go back in at least one or two more times. Still, for me it's worth it because the color is stunning and the perfect everyday shade. It's also great when paired with a smoky eye because you can't overdo it.

On The Balm's website, they show this shade on a model with more of a medium skintone, but based on my experience I feel like she must have applied a ton of it to get it to show up that much. I thought maybe I was using the wrong kind of brush so I grabbed one with stiffer bristles and while it did apply it a little stronger, it still looked very subtle on me.

I've been getting a few questions from readers wondering how this compares to some of The Balm's lighter blushes like Down Boy and Frat Boy, as well as the Balm Desert Bronzer Blush so I decided to swatch them side-by-side.

You can see that Balm Beach is lighter than all the other shades and is more of a nude color. Frat Boy is more peachy-pink, Balm Desert is more bronze, and Down Boy is a cooler-toned Barbie Pink. 
Here it is on my skin...I absolutely love the color because it's a perfect, everyday shade for me. But I'm afraid that anyone with a darker skin tone than mine might be disappointed in how light is is. 

Overall, I've been using this blush every day and even brought it on vacation with me. The color is the perfect nude pink and it's definitely long-lasting. What's your favorite everyday blush shade? I'd love to hear about it!

Currently, Balm Beach is available at TheBalm.com but I'm sure it'll be coming to stores like Kohls very soon. 

 Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

7 comments

  1. Wow, this blush would look great on pale skin! I'm not that dark (light/light medium) but don't think it will show up well on me unless I packed it on, hope they come up with a color that's a little darker, but lighter than Balm Desert (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, especially for people who aren't fair-skinned! :)

      Delete
  2. Jen;
    I love it on you. Looks like you are not wearing blush and just have a natural sheer flush on your cheeks. I think that it how blush should look.
    Hope you have a great vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Nikole! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. That blush looks fantastic and it looks great on you! I'm worried it won't show up on my skin though- it's strange that it seems lighter than their other blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blush looks wonderful, I think it would work well for me since I have my skin tone is very light.
    A New Old Fashioned Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, it really is the perfect shade for you, very subtle and natural.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig