NEW Revlon Colorburst Gloss and Lipstick Review

I was in Bed Bath and Beyond today, and wandered into the beauty section because they always put out new products before the drugstores do.  I was so happy to discover that the Revlon Colorburst products were out already!

The thing that struck me first about these products other than the gorgeous array of colors, was the packaging.  It is so upscale!  The glosses are packaged just like Chanel's Glossimers and the lipsticks remind me of Dior's Rouge line.

Since I like colors that are subtle, I bought the lipstick in 002 Icy Nude (a pinky-brown)  and the Gloss in 008 Peony (peachy-pink- think Nars Orgasm). I paid $6.99 for the lipstick and $7.99 for the gloss.
 As you can see below by the swatches, these colors are very close to my natural lip color and just add a little hint of color.  The first picture is my bare lips, the second picture is the lipstick and the third is the gloss.



 Since I have dry lips, I am not really a fan of lipsticks because they tend to settle in the cracks.  This one is better than most, as it's very moisturizing, but I still like the gloss better. 

The pigmentation in both is very good, and my only real complaint is that there is sparkle in the lipstick that makes it feel a little grainy when you rub your lips together.  I don't know if all of the colors have this, but hopefully not.

Below are swatches on my hand- lipstick on the right, gloss on the left.
 
 

Has anyone else tried these?  What do you think of them?

1 comment

  1. Yeah, I'm not liking the sparkle sparkle in that lipstick. I can see what you mean by "grainy". Totally know the feeling- you rub your lips together and it feels like sand.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig