L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation Review



L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation ($10.99) has been popping up at drugstores the past few weeks as a part the new L'Oreal Spring 2017 line. It claims to be full coverage with a weightless feel, and recent advertisements imply that it can even cover tattoos! Read on for my full review and thoughts...

The Details: 

Get up to 24 hours of full coverage with a lightweight feel and a natural finish. Infallible Total Cover Foundation blends instantly to cover dark spots, blemishes, scars, and hyperpigmentation for a flawless complexion. The foundation is formulated with highload pigments for full coverage and is enriched with Alliagel. The formula glides on and feels fresh all day. It will create the perfect canvas for flawless makeup application.

Size: 1.0 oz., Made in U.S.A.

Price: $10.99 at Amazon.com (price may vary at drugstores)

Ingredients: G927156 AQUA/WATER • DIMETHICONE • GLYCERINE • HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • TRIETHANOLAMINE • SALICYLIC ACID • ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • POLYSORBATE 60 [+/- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CI 77891/ TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES] F.I.L. #B187496/1

Formula: 
L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover comes out of the tube looking extremely thick...so much that it retains the shape of the tube opening as you squeeze it out. When I first saw this I thought it was going to feel heavy like other full-coverage foundations but thankfully that's not the case at all! 

It has a fluffy, lightweight texture that seems to melt like butter into the skin rather than sitting on top. It then becomes almost like a second skin with a beautiful, natural finish that's neither matte or glowy. A little bit truly goes a long way and if you use too much, you might end up with a thicker, mask-like effect. 

It does dry down very quickly so my advice would be to work quickly when blending this. I've had great results with both a flat-top brush and a Beauty Blender. Also, it doesn't seem to have much of a scent at all, which is always a plus! 

It didn't settle into fine lines or pores and even though I have dry skin, it didn't cling to dry patches (especially when worn over a primer). 


Shade Range: 


There are twelve shades in the range and they all start with the number "3". You might remember that the original Infallible Pro Matte range shades start with the number "1", while the Pro Glow shades start with "2".
I ended up choosing #302 Creamy Natural. I have fair-light skin with pink undertones but I'm usually not as light as the lightest shade, so I often select either the second or third shade (whatever one looks less yellow). In this case, the shade #302 has a very neutral undertone, so it works really well for me.
Infallible Total Cover Shade 302
Results: 
I would consider this foundation medium-to-full coverage...it hides all of my minor imperfections such as mild darkness under and around my eyes and redness around my nose. I find that I don't need to use concealer on top of this, which is a huge plus! But it's not full coverage enough to cover a tattoo. I tested it out by drawing a heart on my hand in black pen and coloring it in. This foundation only slightly covered it but the entire heart was still visible through it. 

Also, it claims to wear for 24 hours but I noticed it starting to break down around the 8-9 hour mark...the redness on my nose was starting to come back through and needed to be touched up. 

But despite those claims not really panning out, I still love this foundation! It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all and it allows a hint of my natural skin (and freckles) to peek through just a tiny bit which keeps it from looking like a mask. The end result is flawless-looking skin! 

Wearing Infallible Total Cover in shade 302
Final Thoughts: 

I'm really happy with the new L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover...it's quickly becoming one of my favorites! Even though it's not completely full coverage, it offers more coverage than your typical drugstore foundation, without looking heavy or cakey and feels completely weightless on the skin. 
Thumbs up!

You can find L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover at Amazon.com or at drugstores.

For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

23 comments

  1. Sounds great! I'd love to try this out next. Sounds very similar in texture to the e.l.f. Flawless Finish foundation that I'm currently loving - comes out thick but blends easily into skin.

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried that one but now you have me curious! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I can't wait to try this! It sounds lovely, and just what I like in a foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's really a beautiful formula. :)

      Delete
  3. Ladies, it's everything she said in this review!! I got it about a week and a half ago and I LOVE IT!!! It really is full coverage, but not cakey at all... and that melting effect, ohmigod, I never used anything like it before! Previously I was using Rimmel Stay Matte foundation (white tube) or Revlon Colorstay, and while I liked the coverage I did feel they were a bit heavy. I was so happy when I heard this one was full coverage but lighter. It goes on so quickly and easily too.
    I will say, I got the lightest one but feel like it's too pale (and usually the palest of anything is my shade except for summer). I picked up the second lightest today. I don't even care if I end up having to mix them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on it! I'm glad you love it as much as I do. :)

      Delete
  4. How would you compare this to the Maybelline's Fit Me (if you have used it) in the Matte formula?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one feels more airy and mousse-like and dries down quicker than a liquid formula like Fit Me. It has better coverage also. :)

      Delete
  5. Yay, good to hear you're loving it so much! I think I've found my perfect foundation, but hey, us beauty bloggers are a fickle breed so maybe I'll give this one a try anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean! I've found so many "holy grails" over the years and I swear I will never use anything else but then something new comes along and turns my head. #makeupaddictproblems :)

      Delete
  6. You're very welcome Vidya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey:)
    I have a question about the shades. I have the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H in the shade 02,but it's a bit too dark for my skin. Should I take the shade 301 or 302?
    Thanks for replying!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving this foundation! agree that's not complete full coverage, what's your favorite full coverage foundatino?

    i did a full review as well :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYzfiRW-ZTs&t=2s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think the lightest one had a yellow undertone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. does your match shade have the same name on both L'Oréal infaillible foundations ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you mind sharing which primer you liked underneath it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you use a damp beauty blender with this

    ReplyDelete
  13. is there any difference in coverage of loreal infallible total coverage foundation and loreal infallible pro matte foundation??can this foundation cover the deep red scar of a burn?

    ReplyDelete
  14. what is the diffrnc between pro matte snd total coverage?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I have tried several different ways to apply,also various primers, no primer and moisturisers.I even mixed with moisturiser, all with terrible results. I love the colour but it cloggs and accentuated imperfections. I will return to using other foundations and powdering as required.Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there a bad flashback? I have prom on Friday and I'm so scared that I will look like a ghost

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig