Sephora VIB Sale Ideas, Recommendations, and What I'm Getting

The Sephora VIB 20% off sale starts tomorrow, Nov. 4-7 for Rouge (use code 20ROUGE) and Nov. 11-14 for VIB (use code 20VIB). Beauty Insiders will get their chance in December (not sure of the date just yet).
Today I wanted to share my own personal wishlist, as well as some ideas and recommendations of things I've already purchased. Let's get started!



Many of the holiday sets were disappointing this year, but I did have three favorites...

The Tarte Color Wheel Blush Palette is an amazing buy. It's $44 ($35.20 with the 20% off) for eight Amazonian Clay blushes and two highlighters and the quality is right up there with the originals (they're just a little bit dustier, but not too bad). Check out my review here for swatches.

Also, I definitely recommend the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light, $80 ($64 with the 20% off) but ONLY if you don't have any (or that many) Hourglass powders. Before I bought this, I had the Ambient Powder in Dim Light but had always wanted to try the blushes, bronzer and highlighter, so this was a no-brainer for me...it's a lot cheaper than buying them all separately. Yes, the pans are smaller but it will still take me forever to go through these. If you already have some Hourglass Ambient powders and blushes, you can probably skip this because I don't feel like the shades are all that different. See my review & swatches here.

Another palette I bought for holiday is the bareMinerals Wish List Palette, $45 ($36 with 20% off). It has a really pretty selection of wearable neutrals and the formula is soft and nicely pigmented. Plus, these shadows blend beautifully on the eyes! See my review and swatches here.

Finally, one of my favorite palettes of all time is back in stock...the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette, $42 ($33.60 with 20% off). If you've been concerned that you won't wear it because of the bright pops of red and orange, check out my swatches here...it has more wearable neutrals than you might think and the formula is just perfection!
On my personal wishlist are several products I've been eyeing for the past few months but haven't taken the plunge on, mainly because a few of them they're on the more expensive side and I was waiting for the sale to start. 

First on my list is Maison Margiela REPLICA By The Fireplace, $125 ($100 with 20% off). Every single time I go into Sephora, I spritz this on and I'm convinced now that I have to have it. It's a warm, cozy fragrance that reminds me of toasting marshmallows by a fire. There's a sweetness from the vanilla but also a smoky element that makes me think of going camping or using the fireplace in the winter (hence the name). You're not going to smell like straight-up smoke so don't worry about that...actually on me, it dries down to smell a lot like Kate Walsh's original Boyfriend which has been discontinued sadly. The official notes are: Pink Pepper, Orange Flower Petals, Clove Oil, Chestnut Accord, Gaïac Wood Oil, Cade Oil, Vanilla Accord, Peru Balsam, Cashmeran. 

Next is the Grande Lips Mini Hydrating Lip Plumper Set $29 ($23.20 with the 20% off). I normally don't like using lip plumping glosses because I don't like the harsh tingle that's associated with them and they make my already dry lips feel even drier. However, this formula promises to hydrate and plump your lips in 3-5 minutes without irritation and  is clinically proven to increase your lips fullness long term with regular use! 

Speaking of lip products, so many of you have been telling me to try the Ciate London Pretty Stix Murumuru Butter Lipstick $20 ($16 with 20% off). I hear that this formula is super buttery and hydrating while still being highly pigmented so I can't wait to try one! 

I also want to try another eyeshadow palette from Ciate London since I had a good experience with the Chloe Morello collaboration (see my review here)...actually I should have included that set above in my recommendations! Anyway, I love the warm neutral shades in the Pretty Eyeshadow Palette, $35 ($28 with 20% off code) and it seems to have great reviews so I'll definitely be picking it up! 

I also want to grab the new Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow Palette ($60). This will be my first Kat Von D palette and I love the shade selection because it features a lot of neutrals I would wear every day but also some pops of color that aren't too crazy or out-there. I've heard amazing things about her eyeshadows so this will hopefully be a good introduction! 

Finally, the Huda Beauty Eyeshadow Palette Rose Gold Edition, $65 ($52 with the 20% off) has been calling to me since I first saw it on Instagram but the higher price tag was stopping me from taking the plunge. I did see some negative reviews saying that the shimmer shadows need to be applied with your fingers but I'm totally fine with that...I often apply shadows with my fingers anyway. 

Well, that's about it! I'd love to hear what you guys are planning on buying during the sale as well as any suggestions on things you think I would like. :) 

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

3 comments

  1. I want all these palettes, haha, the packaging of Tarte palette is adorable.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog Giveaway __ Enter to win $100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen and TGIF! There aren't many things I want -- mostly because I've already purchased everything I wanted including the Huda palette -- but this morning I ordered two Viseart blush palettes. Although eye shadow palettes are my favorite beauty item, I have been purchasing quite a few blush palettes lately, and that reminds me of you since you mentioned those are your favorite! -- Christina D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great ideas! I have been holding out on getting that Tarte palette until this sale and was praying it was still available. Also I never did get the Modern Ren palette and am so glad to see it back in stock (though I'm sad the Mario palette isn't). I need to check out that Replica fragrance too, it sounds exactly like something I would love. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig