Recent Clothing Haul

Ok, so I know this isn't beauty-related but on the rare occasion that I do fashion posts, I get a lot of requests for more. Sooo...I thought I'd share some of the things I've purchased recently!

A lot of the items in this post are from Abercrombie which I've rediscovered lately...and before you say "oh hell no", hear me out. I used to love them back in the 90's when they were sort of outdoorsy casual but in the early 2000's they ended up changing their look to focus more on teens and I felt like I was too old to wear anything from there. But just the past month or so, they've totally rebranded and the fall collection was created under Kristina Szasz (formerly of Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, and Polo Ralph Lauren). I've noticed a big difference in the stores lately...there's no more obnoxious heavy perfume smell and the clothes are decidedly more grown-up (they've decided to keep sister brand Hollister more of a teen retailer).

Let's take a look...

I'll list the size I got in each description...it varies depending on the cut of the item. For reference, I'm 5'6 and 135 lbs. You can decide whether you want to size up or down from where I did.
Abercrombie Patterned Coatigan
Abercrombie Patterned Coatigan- I get so many compliments when I wear this...everyone wants to know where I got it and they're always surprised when I tell them. It's great over very simple outfits... black leggings (or jeans) and a t-shirt. I've worn it with both boots and flats depending on the weather and it's a great length (it covers your behind if you're wearing leggings). It's made out of a blend of acrylic, wool, and alpaca...it's warm but not bulky.  I ordered a size Small.
BP Ribbed Mock Neck Pullover

BP Ribbed Mock Neck Pullover (Nordstrom)- This was a great find under $40...I love this sweater so much! This is my go-to legging (or jegging) sweater and I especially love pairing it with black legging jeans (see below) and my camel-colored Uggs or brown riding boots (it also looks good with flats). It's a little longer in the back and drapes really nicely...it feels lightweight but is still cozy and warm. This color is called Gray Pebble Heather but it's not gray at all...it's an oatmeal color just as it appears in the photo. I got this in size Small.
Abercrombie Sherpa Fleece Jacket
Abercrombie Sherpa Fleece Jacket- This cardigan comes in multiple colors (some solid, some patterned) but I loved this black and white plaid. I love wearing it over all black or over a basic white tee and jeans. It's made of super soft, cozy warm fleece and can pass as a jacket this time of year. It's a more casual, comfortable version of a blazer and the plaid really adds a lot of interest to an outfit.
Ugg Kristin Boot
Ugg Kristin Boot- I needed a new pair of Uggs (my old ones were 6 years old) and I wasn't sure that I wanted to get another pair of them or try something else. Then I saw this new design...it's a more slim and feminine shape than the original version and even has a slight wedge heel. I have to run around after a 3 year old all the time and never wear heels anymore but this one feels pretty much like a flat, just with a little bit of lift (that makes your legs look good!). I wear a size 8 and that's what I ordered and they fit true to size for me.  Love these!

Simply Vera Wang Smooth Twill Leggings

Simply Vera Wang Smooth Twill Leggings- I was on the hunt for black skinny jeans recently and when I came across these I decided to just stop looking. They're thicker than regular leggings and have a slight texture to them that makes them look a bit like denim. They also have a faux button in the front and functioning back pockets so when you're wearing them they look like black jeans...just waaayy comfier. I got them in size Medium.
Abercrombie Super Skinny Jeans Dark Destroyed Wash

Abercrombie Super Skinny Jeans in Dark Destroyed Wash- I like the look of worn-in denim but I'm kind of over holey jeans. I liked these because they still have that worn-in look but they aren't overly destroyed. Also the holes are patched up! :) I got them in Size 6.
Abercrombie Zip Crew Sweater

Abercrombie Zip Crew Sweater-  I loved the cute zipper detail on this sweater. It comes in five colors (I got olive green) and has a high-low hem. It looks great with jeans and boots! I got this one in size Medium for a slightly oversized fit.

Abercrombie Easy Tee
Abercrombie Easy Tee- I usually buy my t-shirts at Target but these are only around $10 on sale and I love the drapey fabric they're made out of, as well as the scooped neckline (I have so many v-necks!). I picked up one in white and gray in size Medium.

Well that's everything I've gotten recently! If you'd like to see more fashion hauls, be sure to let me know in the comments below. :)

2 comments

  1. I think hell just froze over. I want all the Abercrombie stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love all your picks! Like you, I haven't been to A&F in years because I got too old, or maybe they got more teeny bopper. Either way, I love the throwback "outdoorsy yet feminine" style, good for them! I'll be sure to go check them out now. I also love those Ugg boots! I have been wanting something comfy but not sloppy so these look perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig