Physicians Formula Highlight & Contour Palette Shimmer Strobing Review & Swatches

I picked up the new Physicians Formula Highlight & Contour Palette ($11.99) in Shimmer Strobing during a recent haul at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to post a review and swatches!
It came with a $3 off coupon attached to the package, plus I was able to use my Bed, Bath, & Beyond 20% off coupon so I was able to get it for a little over $7!

Let's take a look!

Claims: 
Get the perfect Glow! Cult-worthy, must-have palette features universally flattering shades in a blendable and buildable shimmer finish. Triple action Bronze Booster, our exclusive blend helps to enhance and extend the life of your tan glow and improve skin's clarity and radiance. 

There are instructions on the back of the box that let you know where to place each shade. Personally, I wouldn't want to contour my face with shimmery shades, so I'll probably just use the two lighter shades in this palette to highlight and the deeper shade as an eyeshadow. Physicians Formula also released an all-matte version of this palette, so I would prefer to use that for contouring instead.

Packaging: 

The packaging is gorgeous! When I first posted photos on Instagram, I got a lot of comments from people saying that it looked like Chantecaille and other high-end brands. Personally, these compacts remind me of the Hourglass Eyeshadow compacts that came out a few years ago...they're a similar shape with the same deep bronze colored packaging. 

Also, I couldn't help but notice the similarities in the shade selection to the limited edition Becca x Jaclyn Hill highlighting palette that came out last year! It included the Shimmering Skin Perfectors in Pearl, Champagne Pop, and Blushed Copper. 

I don't own Pearl or Blushed Copper, but I'll do a comparison of the middle shade and Champagne Pop at the end of this post. 
Here's what the palette looks like when I'm holding it so you can get an idea of the size. It's not too large and it's thick but not too chunky for travel. 

Underneath the powders, there's a well that stores a brush and also a mirror. The brush is surprisingly soft and is actually useful...it does a decent job at applying the product to my cheekbones. I still prefer to blend with a fluffier brush but this would get the job done in a pinch.

Formula: 
Looking closely at the highlighters, you can't see any visible glitter...the shimmer is very fine so it gives a beautiful shine to the skin without looking sparkly.

The formula of the powders is gorgeous as well, and very similar to Becca's formula! These are super soft and velvety (and also a little powdery) and they go on very intensely. My swatches below are one swipe of each!

Next to Champagne Pop, the middle shade leans a bit more toward true gold while Champagne Pop is more rose gold. But as you can see, there's no difference in the intensity or pigmentation and they give the same super shiny finish without the glitter. 

Final Thoughts: 
Overall, if you love highlighters, (or if you missed out on the Becca palette last year) I think you'll be very happy with the Physicians Formula Highlight & Contour Palette. Everything is done very well and has a high-end feel, from the packaging to the actual product. I can't wait to play around with these shades more, and even though I won't be able to use the copper shade as a highlight, it'll make a gorgeous eyeshadow (actually, they can all be used as eyeshadow).

You can find these now at Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Harmon, and Christmas Tree Shops and coming soon to PhysiciansFormula.com and other drugstores.

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

4 comments

  1. Wow! I'm impressed, because a lot of drugstore products tend to have noticeable glitter. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this one and the butter blush at BBB and used the 5.00 off with the attached coupons. Great deal and I love both of them. I also love that PF is made in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice palette. I like the white and the middle shade. The darkest shade would be useless since it's too dark for my skin tone. So I might just bite the bullet and get it for the white shade. It's still cheaper than high end brands.
    Marina D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig