Maybelline Summer 2016 Spotted at Walmart

My local Walmart finally got the Maybelline Summer 2016 collection in and I was so happy to see a full display instead of the sad empty one that's been there for a few weeks. I really dislike going to Walmart as it is, so going there every few days to check on this hasn't been a pleasant task. But whew! it's all over now, I can sigh with relief that I don't have to go back for a while. Let's take a look!
maybelline color jolt intense lip paint

All of the new products are integrated into the regular Maybelline displays rather than being set up on an endcap or standing display. The first thing that jumped out at me are the new Color Jolt Intense Lip Paints ($7.73). These are supposed to be a lot like the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipsticks (check out these great comparison swatches that my pal G. posted on Nouveau Cheap the other day). They appear to have a flocked applicator, just like the Too Faced version as well, so I'll be interested to try these out! Also, there are Shine Shot Lip Top Coats- one is clear and the other is shimmery. Now that glossy lips are back, I'm guessing these are meant to be worn over all those matte lipsticks!

Next, I spotted the new Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighters and Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick Contour & Highlight. 

Here's a closer look at the strobing stick shades...Light Iridescent is a pearly pink color, while Medium Nude Glow looks more golden bronze.

The Master Contour sticks come in three shades and have a pointed tip with a highlighter on one side and a contour shade on the other.

Next, I spotted the new Baby Lips Glow Balm. This is one of those pH color transforming products that's supposed to react with your natural chemistry to create your perfect shade of pink. I really like Baby Lips, so I'll definitely try this and review it soon!


Finally, I spotted the Better Skin Skin Transforming Powder. These come in 8 shades and are supposed to reduce the appearance of imperfections, pores, and unevenness.

I should also mention that this powder contains Salicylic Acid, for those who are sensitive to it.

I didn't see the new Color Tattoo Eye Chromes yet, but that's okay with me. I've seen quite a few swatches and I'm just not feeling them...I really wish Maybelline would stop adding new products to the Color Tattoo line and just come out with some new shades of the original Color Tattoos which are awesome!
Sigh...oh well.

Have you spotted the new Maybelline Summer 2016 products in stores yet? Have you tried anything?

5 comments

  1. Can you pleaseee review these products, especially the lip jolt and powder? Thank you for a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the color selection I think I am going to have to pass on all of these products. I don't know if anyone remembers these or not but last summer I bought some lippies called Glazed Lip Paint by LA Girls and they were fantastic IF you used a liner to keep them in place and they had a lot more in terms of colors to choose from and added more since the original release. I bought these as an alternative to the Too Faced ones. The applicator is not as nice but the color payoff is phenomenal and at $3.99 I had no complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm super impressed with the drugstore brands lately. They've been killing it with new and exciting products! I definitely want to try those lippies!

    JennyLovesBeauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prices seem a bit steep for Walmart. I love that they've come out with new products that differ from other brands, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you use these?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig