Tarte Colored Clay Bronzer Blush | Review & Swatches

tarte pink bronze blush colored clay

I recently picked up the Tarte Colored Clay Bronzer Blush ($30) during the Tarte 30% off sale and I wanted to get a review up today in case you were planning on ordering the 7 Piece set for $59. This blush is one of the blush options you can choose from and if you take advantage of today's deal this bronzer blush will only cost you $8.43 (which is the cost breakdown of each piece in the kit). 

So if you're interested, keep on reading for my review and swatches! 
tarte colored clay bronzer blush review
Review: 
This bronzer/blush comes in one of Tarte's signature round compacts and with a pretty design that looks like wood rings or layers of rock like you'd see in the Grand Canyon. 

The formula contains colored clay to help color correct and protect the skin. Purple clay brightens, Gold Clay helps to restore balance and moisture, Brown Clay contains antioxidants to help defend against environmental damage and free radicals. 
tarte bronzer blush
This powder comes in two shades Park Ave Princess- Pink Bronze (which is what I got) or Peach Bronze. This shade contains pink, gold and bronze that create a beautiful and subtle flush of color that can be used all over the face or just on your cheeks.

Tarte designed this palette so that the pink shades are in the center, which is where you'd naturally go to dip your brush first. This is great if you want to use it as a blush because you can just focus your attention on that area. To use it as a bronzer, you can swirl your brush all over the compact. 

tarte colored clay bronzer blush

The embossed leaf pattern is so pretty to look at isn't it?!
tarte colored clay bronzer blush review

To get this swatch, I swirled my finger around the entire compact to make sure I grabbed every color. A few of you have told me that you were afraid to get this because it might be too dark or too bronze for fair skin, but in fact it's quite the opposite. This swatch is heavy because I used my finger but when you use a brush, the result is even more subtle. Of course, you can build it to deepen the color but this probably won't even show up on medium to deep skin tones. 

Also, I've seen a few reviews that said their blush brush had a hard time picking this product up. I had no problems, but I used my e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush which is a flatter brush with short bristles. You can also use a kabuki brush...basically anything with shorter bristles will pick this up best. This is a tightly packed formula with no fallout so if you're using a fluffy brush, you'll have a hard time grabbing the color. 
tarte bronzer blush swatches
Overall, this is a beautiful blush that I love using as an overall bronzer because it's so subtle. It just warms up my face with a pinky bronze glow that's not orange at all. It does contain shimmer, but it's very finely milled and not really noticeable.  I also like using it as a blush when paired with a smoky eye, because it gives just the right amount of color that doesn't compete with the rest of my look. 

So if you have fair to light skin and are looking for a blush that has no chance of giving you clown cheeks, or you want a subtle bronzer you'll probably love the Colored Clay Bronzer Blush! 

It's available at Sephora.com and Tarte.com for $30. It's also available today only in the Tarte 7-piece Build Your Own Kit for $59 deal. 

2 comments

  1. I just got home from a double shift and saw this post, thank goodness I still have time to get that $59 set! I wanted this back when you said you were getting it from the Tarte sale and I'm really pale so it will work perfectly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose this blush in the $59 Mothers Day set and can't wait to get it! My mom isn't into makeup so it was a Mothers Day gift to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig