Cover Girl Super Sizer Fibers | Review

covergirl super sizer fibers review
As soon as I posted a photo on Instagram of the new CoverGirl Super Sizer Fibers display at Walgreens, the review requests started rolling in. Generally, I test out a product for a few weeks before I post a review, but I thought I would do a quick first impression post and let you know my thoughts in case you're wondering about this new formula.

First of all, the packaging and wand are exactly the same as the first Super Sizer. If you haven't tried that one, the wand is one of those plastic bristle types that's wide on the tip and tapers down at the base. The bristles aren't too close together or too far apart...I find them to be perfect for combing through my lashes and it distributes a good amount of product in one swipe (but not so much that there are clumps).

It claims to contain fibers mixed into the formula to give your lashes 400% volume + length.

I have no way to measure that claim, but I was surprised to get pretty good results in just one coat...that almost never happens! After two coats, I had really long, nicely separated lashes. I'm happy to report that I've been wearing this mascara since 10:30 am (and it's now 9:40 pm) and I have no smudging under my eyes and no flaking either!

Some questions I've been getting since I posted this on Instagram:

1. Is there a waterproof version? There wasn't a waterproof version in the display. It took CoverGirl a few months to come out with a waterproof Super Sizer last time so I'm guessing we'll see one soon.

2. If this has fibers is it ok to wear with contact lenses? The packaging says it's safe to wear with contacts and I myself wear them and haven't had any problems with this so far. I can't really wear those fiber formulas that have the 2 steps where you paint on the dry fibers in between coats of mascara. Those end up in my eyes and under my contacts...super uncomfortable! But in this case, the fibers are built into the formula so they don't fall into your eyes.

3. Do I use anything on my eyelashes to make them grow? One person asked me this and I thought I'd share my answer here as well. My lashes have always been pretty full, so a lot of it could just be genetics. I've noticed that they go through growth cycles...sometimes they seem thin and I have little gaps where some have fallen out, while other times (like now) they seem to be more full.

I don't use any lash serums or anything directly on my lashes.  I do take a skin, hair, & nails supplement with Biotin daily which is supposed to help your hair grow faster and stronger. After about a month and a half, I have definitely seen a difference in the hair on my head...it doesn't fall out as much and seems thicker at the roots. So it's totally possible that it's boosted my lashes as well.

I plan to do a follow-up post on this formula, especially if I start to feel differently about it, but for now I love it! I think it's even better than the original (which I also loved), so if you like a lot of length and separation with no clumps, you'll probably love this formula!

12 comments

  1. Wow, I will need this ASAP in my life! I have short, straight, skimpy lashes and can't be bothered with falsies, so this looks like the next best thing! Will be on the lookout for this at DS (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found this, and I think you'll really like it too if you're looking for length! :)

      Delete
  2. I also have this one and I agree, it's pretty good! Covergirl mascaras rarely disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a fan of CoverGirl mascaras until the Super Sizer. Everyone raves about them, but I always preferred L'oreal or Maybelline formulas. I really didn't like the CoverGirl Plumpify one that came out in the fall..it didn't do anything for me, so I was so happy to see another Super Sizer! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for getting this up so quickly! I can't wait to try this formula, your lashes look amazing. You have thicker/longer lashes than I do but based on how much bigger this made yours, I can tell that even my short lashes will look a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're so welcome Sandra! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks Jen for doing a quick and much needed review. It looks like a great lengthening mascara. Gotta go get one once it pops up at my local CVS
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Marina! I was really happy with it and excited to share it as soon as possible. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you loved this mascara!! I have it and I can't believe how amazing it is especially for a non water proof formula:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mary! I couldn't believe how well it stayed on my lashes and no raccoon eyes! I even left it on my lashes overnight (and just cleansed the rest of my makeup off with a wipe) to see how it would do and in the morning, I had no smudging under my eyes and my lashes still looked good. I've never experienced that so it was really impressive!

      Delete
  6. Surprisingly impressed
    No clumping
    Evenly applied

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought this yesterday wasn't sure which one to get so I went with the fibers. I also wanted non waterproof mascara. I really wanted to love this but my lashes clumped and were spiky.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig