NYX Avant Pop Eyeshadow Palette Nouveau Chic Review

I spotted the NYX Avant Pop Palettes ($16.99) at Ulta recently and decided to pick up the Nouveau Chic shade because I really liked the mix of neutrals and smoky shades. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much because the last time I tried NYX eyeshadows (which was years ago) they didn't really impress me that much.

Thankfully, these are a whole lot better! Let's take a look...


The Nouveau Chic palette contains ten wearable shades in generously sized pans. There's a nice mix of matte and shimmer finishes as well as warm and cool tones. One of the things I love about this palette is that none of the shades are close to each other...they're all very different. I have so many palettes (especially nude ones) that have a bunch of similar shades, so this is a nice change from that.

When I went to swatch these shades I was blown away by the feel and pigmentation. It's a huge improvement from the NYX eyeshadows of the past...I could have been swatching Too Faced or Urban Decay and wouldn't be able to tell the difference! The shimmer shades are super soft and buttery with effortless glide on the skin. The matte shades feel a little bit drier but are still very pigmented.

After using this palette on my eyes, I found that I did need to use primer because these shades don't seem to last a long time without it. But that's my only (minor) complaint...otherwise, it's fantastic.
Overall if you haven't tried the Avant Pop palettes from NYX yet, I highly recommend picking one up! They come in three beautiful shades and although the price is a little bit steep for a drugstore palette, I think $16.99 is a steal for a formula that's comparable to higher-end palettes that sell for $50 or more.

Grab yours now at Ulta.com

8 comments

  1. I've seen these around but thought they were priced kind of high for the drugstore. BUT that was me assuming they would be a mediocre drugstore formula. Now I think it's actually a good deal because those swatches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! When compared to a $50+ palette they're a total steal! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, those swatches! I'm drooling over that green. Will definitely have to consider picking this up next time I'm at Ulta. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! That green and the gunmetal gray were the silkiest, creamiest shades in the entire palette. So beautiful! :)

      Delete
  3. Emilynoel of youtube fame loves these palettes & put them on her best of 2015 list. I've had really good luck with Nyx eyeshadows in the past; it's a good brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other NYX shadows I liked in the past were the Prismatic ones. I love NYX overall, but in the past, I thought their shadows were just ok. I'm loving this new formula! :)

      Delete
  4. I bought all three when they came out. I love the color combos and pigmentation. I do think they are excessively dusty, but not enough to keep me from using them. I think they're a great deal. I'm so happy you're enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, thanks Rachel! Yes, they do have a bit of fallout, but I never mind too much if the formula applies nicely. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig