elf Total Face Palette | Review & Swatches

elf total face palette review
This three-in-one Total Face Palette with a bronzer, highlighter, and two blushes creates a flawless look that’s beautiful and natural looking. The lightweight silky formula is perfect for sculpting and adding soft, natural looking dimension to the face. With a mixture of complementary matte and shimmer finishes, you can achieve a professional look every time.

Price: $8 

Where to Buy: www.elfcosmetics.com

Keep on reading for my review and swatches...
elf total face palette review
Review: 

The e.l.f. Total Face Palette launched back in January but it was sold out for a while and I wasn't able to get my hands on it until recently. I wasn't sure I was going to like it after being let down in a big way by their Baked Highlighter and Blush duos, but guess what? I love this palette! 

The packaging is identical to their blush, highlight, and contour palettes with the four square pans and large mirror. The only difference is that this one is shiny silver, and the others are more of a matte black finish. I love the way it looks, but it is a major fingerprint magnet (you have been warned!) 
elf total face palette soft and subtle
The shades are soft and subtle (which is actually the shade name for this palette) and I was surprised to find that they feel soft and buttery with great pigmentation. I wasn't expecting that at all, since e.l.f. can be hit or miss for me. They are a bit powdery and kick up some excess when applying but they go on silky smooth and show up great on my fair to light skin.
Here's the problem...these shades seem to be meant for lighter skin tones. The blushes are very soft shades of pink and peach and the bronzer is on the lighter side as well (it reminds me of a lighter version of Benefit's Hoola).  I can only hope that e.l.f. is working on a version that would suit deeper skin tones because the formula and color payoff is really nice and it's a shame that not everyone will get to enjoy it.
elf total face palette close-up

The bronzer and blushes go on matte while the highlight shade contains very subtle, finely milled shimmer, similar to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I thought this shade might actually be a dupe for Dim Light, but it ended up being a shade or two darker when I swatched them side-by-side.

As you can see in my swatches below, these colors are pretty much perfect for fair to light skin tones. The blushes aren't overpowering at all and are warm, pretty shades, while the bronzer gives just the right amount of warmth to the skin without any orange tones.

The highlight shade doesn't create an in-your-face sheen on the cheekbones like some highlighters do...its effects are much more subtle than that. I tried using it all over my face and it gave me a beautiful lit-from-within look...until I went out into the sunlight where I ended up looking quite frosty. So I would recommend sticking to the cheek area when using this highlight, and don't expect it to make a bold statement. Like every shade in this palette, it'll just give you a soft, natural glow.
elf total face palette swatches
Overall, this is a beautiful face palette that will warm up lighter complexions and leave you looking radiant. It's a steal at only $8 and I highly recommend checking it out! :)

Grab yours now at elfcosmetics.com

11 comments

  1. Thanks for the review and swatches! I've had my eye on this palette for a while, but like you said, some e.l.f. products are very hit and miss. I'm actually quite pale, so I think I will definitely give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think you'll really like it...it was definitely a hit for me! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this! I've had my eye on it for a while and I think I'll finally take the plunge. I was planning on getting those baked highlighter/blush duos but after your review (and a few other negative reviews since) I'm going to pass on those. Thanks for the great reviews and swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Glad I could help :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I think I will get this as I have 3 other elf palettes from the last year and while they're not perfect they're pretty good & the packaging is great, with big mirrors. Great swatches & nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I agree...I also like the other elf palettes I have in similar packaging.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! This is such a beauty. Lovely shades and great packaging. This is something worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And it's a bargain for what you get. :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! Glad to hear its so nice. Have you tried their hightligher palette and/or blush pallates that are similar to this? (also quads but black packaging).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duh nevermind! You DID review their highlighter quad, I even commented on it lol! I'm far too tired so just ignore the village idiot over here :) now where's that coffee....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's ok, it was a long time ago. :) When I was writing this post, I had to stop and think about which other palettes I have that are in the same packaging. That's a sign that I have waaaayy too many I think. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig