City Color Ooh La La Eyeshadow Palette Review

The City Color Ooh La La Palette ($7.99) is a Parisian-themed eyeshadow palette filled with beautiful rosy shades. I couldn't resist putting it in my cart the last time City Color had a 25% off sale because I'm lacking shades like these in my collection.


It comes packaged in a slim cardboard case with a magnetic closure. It's a bit on the flimsy side, especially the clear plastic window, which is thin and sort of crinkles in when you press on it. I normally like cardboard packaging because it's soft, yet durable (like the Balm's packaging for example) but this one feels a bit cheaper than that. But at the same time, this palette is only $7.99 so I can give it a bit of a pass when it comes to packaging.
Inside, there are ten shades and a double-ended sponge tipped applicator. There are five matte and five shimmer shades and they all have Paris-themed names...cute right? 


There's a beautiful mix of warm rosy tones here, including dusty pink & mauve, violet, brick red, maroon, warm beige, charcoal, and white. The formula feels soft and a bit powdery with quite a bit of fallout on most of the shades.
Unfortunately, these didn't swatch nearly as well as I thought they would. I've tried City Color's eyeshadows in the past and have been really impressed by them, but these fell flat. I tried them on bare skin first, which is what I normally do to really test pigmentation without the help of primer. It took several swipes of each shade just to get them to show up the way you see them below.
But I didn't want to give up on this palette just yet, so I tried them again over primer and...success! These swatches are two swipes of each shade over Laura Geller's Spackle and the results were much better. The only shade that didn't fare so well was the white shade, Mona Lisa. I just couldn't get it to show up no matter what.

Overall, I love the shade range in this palette, but they definitely make you work for them and it doesn't seem to be on par with the other City Color eyeshadows I've tried in the past. Bummer!

To purchase, visit CityColorCosmetics.com and use code BudgetBeautyBlog for 10% off!


2 comments

  1. I love the colors, but it doesn't sound like CCC's best palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful palette! Their highlighters look gorgeous as well. Great, honest review, thanks for sharing x

    Kiran| www.alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig