L.A. Colors Smokin' 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches

Sometimes you find those rare hidden gems at the drugstore and just want to buy them in every color. That's what happened to me after I reviewed the L.A. Colors 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette in the shade Sweet back in the fall (see review here). I picked it up for $4 at Five Below but then they disappeared and I couldn't get the other shades and I was so bummed. This week, I was looking around at Kmart and saw that they now carry L.A. Colors! So I picked up another 16 Color palette in the shade Smokin' ($3.99 at Drugstore.com) which is filled with gorgeous jewel tones and smoky shades. The best part? It was $3.99! 

I won't get too much into detail here because the packaging and formula is the same as the more neutral one I reviewed back in the fall (check out that review for a more in-depth look). These have a very soft, buttery texture that picks up easily on a brush (or your finger) and really packs on the pigment! The one drawback is a lot of fallout and some flakes(you have been warned!) but if you're willing to put up with that, you'll get 16 crazy-pigmented eyeshadows for under five bucks...totally worth it in my opinion, even if it's just to play and experiment with.
Shade-wise, this reminds me of the Urban Decay Vice Palettes...not any one in particular, but I see similar shades from all of the different versions, especially these beautiful jewel tones. There aren't any matte shades in here...they all range from slightly shimmery to fairly chunky shimmer (mainly just the white and off-white shades).

These are swatched over bare (just moisturized) skin, no primer. They get even more bright and bold over a base, as you can probably imagine. Either way, they're gorgeous, dontcha think? 
If you live near a Kmart I highly recommend checking these out the next time you're there. They certainly don't live up to Urban Decay or Lorac's eyeshadow formula, but they're amazing for the price and certainly beat out more expensive drugstore versions from Maybelline, Revlon and L'oreal. 

If you can't find them near you, they're available on drugstore.com for $3.99 each. There's also a really pretty neon version called Haute, as well as the neutral one, Sweet that I reviewed back in October! :) 
Have you tried these palettes yet? What are your favorite budget-friendly eyeshadow palettes? 

2 comments

  1. Wow! Hard to believe that's a $4 palette! I think I'll get all three cause why not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I'm not that into neon shades but I might get that one next...it might be fun for summer and at that price I can afford to get it and play around.:)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig