City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette Review & Swatches

I recently stumbled upon the City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette ($5) at my local Five Below store and I bought it because 1), I'm rarely disappointed by a City Color product and 2), this is a $5 contour palette! It would be so amazing to have a high-quality contour palette at a budget-friendly price wouldn't it? Keep reading to find out what I think! 
City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette Review

**UPDATE** This is being released on March 1, 2016 as part of the new Spring Collection. 
I wasn't able to find the Contour Effects On-The-Go palette on the City Color website, or anywhere else online so I'm not sure if this is something new and possibly not yet released? I don't remember seeing it before so I don't think it's an older product. I saw on City Color's Snapchat that they'll be releasing some new products toward the end of this month or the beginning of March so maybe this will be in there...don't quote me on that though!
City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette Review
The good thing is, I realized that this palette is actually a combination of their two Contour Effects palettes, so if you like what you see in terms of swatches, you can still get these colors...just not all in one palette. The top row of this palette looks exactly like the Contour Effects 1 and the bottom row which is cooler-toned looks just like Contour Effects 2. Those palettes are $9.99 each for three shades, but they're a lot larger...the pans look like they could be double the size. And chances are, you'll probably like either the warmer top row or the cooler bottom row, so instead of getting all six shades and only using a few of them, you can choose the three shades you like best by grabbing one of the original Contour Effects palettes (which have a huge following by the way...I had no idea!).

City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette

All of the shades in this palette are highly pigmented with almost no fallout. They apply smoothly and evenly with a brush and you need to use very little product. There are four matte bronzer shades and two shimmery highlight shades, and I think almost any skin tone can find colors to compliment them in this palette.
City Color Contour Effects On-The-Go Palette swatches
I was curious to see if the white highlight in the top row was a dupe for Becca's new Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl, so I swatched them side-by-side. They're very close, but Becca's Pearl has a bit more shimmer and iridescence to it.
becca pearl dupe

Overall, the City Color Contour Effects On-the-Go palette is a steal at $5, given the high-quality formula and wide range of shades to choose from. However, I likely won't use the top two bronzers because they're way too warm for my fair skin. I would have probably been better off getting the Contour Effects 2 palette instead (although I do love that white highlight!). I'll definitely post an update if this To-Go version hits the City Color website soon. 
Have you seen this in stores near you? What are your thoughts? 

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was wishing I could find it on the City Color website in case anyone wanted to buy it. I feel bad that it's only at Five Below right now.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had 5 below close by... I've to that store once and I got crazy with goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have to stay away from there because I always come out with way too much stuff. :)

      Delete
  3. The tone of these powders look prefect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this at my Five Below a few months ago. I love this palette! I have lots of contour palettes but I keep grabbing this one when I need to fix anything. It's a real winner

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig