Hard Candy Spring 2016 Spotted at Walmart

The Hard Candy Spring 2016 collection has arrived at Walmart and there's a definite "strobing/contouring" theme going on with most of the new products falling into those categories. That is, except for these new Velvet Matte Mousse liquid lippies ($6 each)...how gorgeous is this packaging!? Let's take a closer look...
hard candy velvet matte mousse liquid lipstick
The Velvet Matte Mousse Ultimate Luxury Lip Color ($6) comes in a beautiful tin case with a watercolor floral design. The lid opens with a hinge (much better than if it came off all the way) and there's a mirror and the lipstick itself nestled inside. It's a beautiful presentation, especially for a drugstore product. There are seven shades all together and I picked up three to try. I can tell you already that these have a similar mousse-y feel like the Revlon ones do, but these dry down better and are more matte. I'll have to wear them around a bit longer before I do a review, but so far they seem promising!

Next up is the Sheer Envy Hydrating Primer Mist ($8). This is a silicone free, alcohol-free, oil-free, coconut water-infused primer/setting spray. It claims to hydrate and energize the skin in addition to creating a base for makeup and/or using to set makeup after application.
hard candy hydrating primer mist

There is also a Pore-Defense Primer Serum coming but it wasn't in stock yet.

Next are the Look Pro! Illuminate & Strobing Mix-In Drops. You may remember when I posted a sneak peek of these on my Instagram page a few weeks ago. At the time, I assumed it was a liquid highlighter, but when I saw the package, I realized that these can also be mixed into your favorite foundation or moisturizer to add a bit of glow. I'm really excited to try this one!
hard candy strobing drops

The Look Pro! Illuminate & Strobing Face Duo is a dual-ended cream highlighter stick that has two really pretty shades to add a glow to the high points of your face quickly and easily. One shade appears to be a pearl shade and the other looks like a golden champagne. This is another one I'm really excited about because there isn't anything else like it at the drugstore right now.
Look Pro! Illuminate & Strobing Face Duo


Next are the Look Pro! Highlight & Contour Face Duo Stick, which look similar to the NYX Wonder Sticks. They come in three shades, Light, Medium & Deep.
hard candy Look Pro! Highlight & Contour Face Duo Stick


There are three new kits available for Strobing and Contouring. The first one is the Look Pro! Ultimate Strobing Kit ($8) which contains a small tube of the new Strobing Glow All the Way Face & Body Illuminator (not sure if they're going to have a regular-sized version), two luminizers, a matte bronzer, a matte blush, and a fluffy-looking brush.
Hard Candy Look Pro Strobing Kit


The Look Pro! Ultimate Contour & Sculpt Kit ($8) comes in two shades, Light to Medium and Medium to Deep and comes with five contouring powders to prep, brighten, contour, blend and illuminate, plus a double-ended brush.
Hard Candy Look Pro! Ultimate Contour & Sculpt Kit

Light to Medium

Medium to Deep
Finally, there's a new addition to the Sheer Envy Primer line, and it's a Lifting and Firming Version. It claims to moisturize, brighten, and tighten facial contours...sign me up!
hard candy sheer envy lift & firm primer
Drop me a comment and let me know which products you're most excited about! That way, I'll know which ones to start reviewing first. :) 

18 comments

  1. I really want to try the velvet matte mouse lipstick!! I've been searching for a lipstick case with a mirror- I like to keep my lipstick with me at work and don't always want to run to the bathroom for a mirror to put it on. The primer/setting spray looks promising too. I like how it's made in the USA, versus NYX's which is made in China. Although I don't mind eyeshadows made in China, a mist seems a bit risky lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you happen to see the Hard Candy Lash and Brow Inks? I think they're new because I couldn't find any online reviews or descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't see those but I'm thinking that there were a few new things missing from the display because I didn't see the new cheek tints yet either.

      Delete
  3. Those velvet matte liquid lippies look fantastic! Why have I never heard of this brand? Have I been living under a rock?!

    prettyneutral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They're much harder to find than they used to be because now you can only get them at Walmart. But they've been out since the '90's. They originally just had nail polishes with a little ring around the neck of the bottle and they were super expensive, like $18! I bought my first one when I was a teenager and I was sooo ecstatic about it, lol. Then they were sold at Sephora for several years...I think at one point they were owned by the same company as Urban Decay. But now they've dropped their price points considerably and are only found at Walmart. They still have the same great quality though!

      Delete
  4. Well, these products seem like good ones to try out. So excited to try them out.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't even know what to try first!

      Delete
  5. Hey, do you mind sharing the prices of these products? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I totally forgot to add them, sorry! I'll go back and fill in what I know, but a lot of the display was still missing prices. Everything with Hard Candy is usually under $10 though.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to try the Illuminate & Strobing Stick! Also, pretty excited about the Lift & Firm Primer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to open that Strobing stick! But I have to take pictures first, sigh. The one downside of being a beauty blogger is having to take pictures of packaging before you can crack these babies open and start playing! :)

      Delete
  7. Omg everything looks amazing!!!
    Do you know the price of the highlight &contour face duo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are either $6 or $8. I went to check my receipt, but everything I bought doesn't have the actual name of the product on the receipt. They all say, "HC Foundation" even though I didn't buy any foundation, haha. So I'm not able to separate out which is which, unfortunately.

      Delete
  8. Just saw these in my walmart today and tried to resist buying anything until I saw some reviews. Definitely wanting the strobing drops and that pore primer serum! I'd definitely like to see reviews of those are the hydrating primer if you are able to get your hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up getting the strobing drops, highlighting stick, hydrating primer spray, three of the lipsticks, and the strobing kit. So definitely look for reviews coming soon! :)

      Delete
  9. I probably have enough lip color to last me about a decade... (darn Black Friday sales and my lack of willpower) but those velvet matte mousse tins are so cute! Eying the Tulip and the Cherry Blossom. Both are so pretty, though my idea color is probably the two mixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm the same way when it comes to makeup! I have a collection that I'll probably never get through before it expires but I just can't resist getting the newest things when they come out. Also, it's funny you should say that about mixing shades because that's exactly what I've been doing with a few of these new matte lippies. I'm not crazy about any of the shades I got on their own, but mixed they're great!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig